Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Its the small things
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
03-04-24 10:16 AM - Post#364458    
    In response to Mike Porter

My reasoning probably isn’t all that compelling. First up, I don’t think there’s any chance he’ll be fired this off-season, so I don’t put too much thought or energy into whether he should be. Second, kind of like with the players, I’m a Penn fan through and through. I don’t look at it and say I want some other players or coaches who would be more competitive. I want to win with these players, and these coaches. I know most fans don’t relate that way, and I’m not saying that somehow makes me a bigger or better fan (maybe just a dumber fan). I know (almost) everyone here wants them to succeed.

I do think (as you acknowledge) that bringing the program back from where it was mattered a lot and was hard — I think Steve should get lots of credit for that. I do think backsliding is a very real possibility with a new coach, given we had 2 straight bad ones before Steve. Those aren’t reasons to live with mediocrity, necessarily, but they matter. I also think that we get a little too binary in our thinking when we say “the team will never succeed with Steve,” etc. I’m sure there are other coaches out there who would increase our odds, but it could happen with Steve too, as it did at Cornell.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.306 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:17 PM