Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Haase fired at Stanford
TigerFan 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-21-04
03-15-24 12:33 PM - Post#365251    
    In response to Tiger69

Feels like we could be at the kind of crossroads we haven’t seen since the late 90s. Back then, everything was going extraordinarily well for Princeton hoops until Chris Young signed with MLB and Carmody bolted for Northwestern. The program hit a bumpy patch and didn’t make it fully back to the kind of prominence it enjoyed in those years until now (although the Tigers made respectable appearances in the tournament in 01, 04, 11 and 17–all of which I was fortunate to see at n person).

I really hope that doesn’t happen. The talent on this team—players and coaches—is extraordinary and I hope it holds for at least the next two years.

If Mitch wants to give it a go in the NIL, transfer portal, conference switching world of bit time hoops, it will be a huge loss. (He would have to enjoy airplanes as the Cardinal are headed to the ACC of all places). That world seems very inconsistent with the core values he’s built into his program and his players here.

I remember vividly the conversation around Sidney when he left (which didn’t seem to work out so well). Are there NIL opportunities for coaches to supplement salary?

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.11 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:15 AM