Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Brunch With Bruno
umbrellaman 
Masters Student
umbrellaman
Reg: 11-21-04
03-16-24 02:39 PM - Post#365420    
    In response to SRP

Back from Levien. Decided to go with my son and another alum who is a more casual fan, making more about the experience instead of bunkering with die hards. Sat adjacent to the Brown section (wonder how they worked that out?). Didn’t think that Brown was going to keep up shooting but the early second touch foul on Pierce was the game changer. They couldn’t contain Owusu-Anane without him, then when they brought him back he lacked aggressiveness on both defense and offense. Lack of interior threat hurt the offense. Likewise, Lee was off - didn’t see the drives which we were accustomed to - again without that threat to open up threes. There was the tournament feel - no neutrals that were going Brown’s way but their fans going crazy and Princeton and their fans getting quiet and nervous.

If something is wrong with Lee - illness, being worn down - that’s the trouble with the tournament format.

One thing I have been harping on is the lack of frontcourt depth - Brown was just too big to deal with Pierce is early (and IMHO, cheap) foul trouble. You would hoped that one of the many underclassman bigs could have developed into a workable backup. Kellman would be a higher end version of that but there have been a lot of Princeton players that have filled in a spot - not necessarily a complete offensive player but a large body than can rebound and defend - to keep Princeton in the game at that point. Without that I couldn’t see them making a run in the tourney anyway.
Anyway, I thought to myself I would be less upset at losing this game than losing tomorrow - and I think that is right. No autobid to the NIT, but I hope they do that.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.175 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:45 AM