Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Looks like Dingle will be going dancing
Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
03-17-24 03:07 PM - Post#365560    
    In response to besnoah

Yeah, I get that it's not internally consistent. I remember Pitino as the Providence coach from long ago - when he was the underdog. He is just undoubtedly a great teacher of basketball. Maybe one of the best from that standpoint. Kind of like Larry Brown, who I also liked a lot. Great coaches. Whether or not you want your kids to play for them, you can't deny them their brilliance.

I am not saying that Penn has to have the nicest program. I'm just saying that NCAA sports are so polluted that I'd rather have a well run and high integrity program for the athletes themselves than the corrupt mess that exists overall.

I do not think Pitino would or should be the next coach of Penn, although he would undoubtedly have a good chance of making it a winner. That's all he's done in his career. My overall point about all of this is that if the world is becoming a cess pool, get out of the pool and play a different game.

• besnoah Said:
It is almost unimaginable that you are on the one hand insisting Penn fans should only care about running the world’s nicest program and on the other hand saying you like Rick Pitino.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.227 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:33 PM