Username Post: Earl Leaving for William & Mary
mountainred 
Masters Student

Loc: Charleston, WV
Reg: 04-11-10
03-23-24 04:54 PM - Post#366255    
    In response to TigerFan

• TigerFan Said:
Maybe I’m naive but don’t you think these kids want to win basketball games and play in March Madness? William & Mary is a great school but they won 10 games this year and their KenPom rating is 319. I’m sure Brian will raise the bar but that program has a long way to go.

W&M was KenPom 87 as recently 2016, so this isn't Chicago St. we're talking about it.

If whittak is correct, and I have no reason to doubt that, W&M has more than double the hoops budget, some of which has to be the coach's salary. And Earl gets to coach the main winter sport instead of the one that better not interfere with hockey. Or wrestling (though that has to be less of a concern post-Andy).

On the flip side, this has to have been quick decision for W&M. Terrific coach who knows how to succeed at an academic school, yes please.

It was nice while it lasted, but I knew it wasn't going to last forever. Now, does anyone follow or use this as an excuse to move on?
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.187 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:38 AM