Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: WBB vs. West Virginia
JDP 
Masters Student

Reg: 11-23-04
03-24-24 06:15 PM - Post#366325    
    In response to Tiger69

Hi Tiger69,

I suspect you have little cause of worry - especially with a high quality coach that spent 17 years at a D3 school. The Princeton job (men's and women's) is a very good job. Perhaps it does not pay as well as a Power 5 school, but I think it is one many mid major coaches and Power 5 assistant coaches and even some Power 5 head coaches would desire.

What do Tiger fans think - over the last five seasons is there a material difference in the success of the Princeton or UNC programs. The Tar Heals have 5 NCAA wins (1 sweet 16) vs. 2 for the Tigers. Perhaps more money, a better schedule, no academic index, and NIL vs. need based aid - but are the NCAA NET achievements that different? Princeton was a 34 this year, UNC was 37.

What are the upgrade schools for Carla - UConn for sure, perhaps Stanford when Tara VanDerveer retires (to reconnect with Henderson I suspect if Carla's upgrade schools go in different directions, and if Berube believes she has maxed out the potential of the Princeton program, then any competitive coach would look for a place with a higher upside and a large retirement nest egg. But even then not likely, and likely that larger list is less than 20 schools.

Do you have a different view / worry. I expect Berube will be around for a longtime (ex UConn move). I am still waiting for Amaker, Henderson & Jones to leave for greener pastures.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.119 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:11 AM