Username Post: 2024 Women Bsjtb Commits
PeteD 
Masters Student
PeteD
Loc: California
Reg: 03-13-07
03-25-24 12:40 AM - Post#366366    
    In response to cc66

Understood… what gives me optimism about Calvo is that Griffith gave her more minutes than I was expecting and while she didn’t shine, she didn’t give any indication that she can’t play on this level. One concern I have about Calvo is the knee brace… that must hinder her mobility. If she’s coming off an injury, maybe she can do without it in 6 months.

The lack of meaningful minutes for Tor was a complete mystery to me. After the departure of Comesana and Lobon in late January, and the regression of Lauder, I thought Tor would see more action. Didn’t happen. So, the logical explanation is that Griffith didn’t think she was ready to contribute, but from the little I saw of her, I think she’s going to be a key player next season, especially if she improves just a fraction of the amount that Raifu made between her first and second year.

I can’t comment on Sanchez as I haven’t seen her play.

Simmons looks good on tape, but I don’t put much weight into it because the competition didn’t look all that great. But if Simmons turns out to be a more dynamic version of Nicole Stephens, then she’ll see a lot of minutes next year.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.393 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:52 PM