Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Let's brainstorm a plan
james 
Masters Student

Reg: 03-18-19
03-28-24 12:38 PM - Post#366633    
    In response to Penndemonium

there are some good takes here.

i have decided to let it go. someone here said the alumni are not going to support it anyway if it's the dollar figure net of financial aid need to be competitive which is like 250k for a good ivy player who could start for a power 5 team.

based on my experience thus far i agree. there us just a thinner base of support with some very deep pockets.
maybe penn or princeton is different.

at uga the avg booster is ponying up $15k for ticket rights + a parking pass. then they are asked to do a collective contribution.
at the end of the day it's a lot and you need a very large base of support. that us just football but the analog works for basketball blue bloods too
as it was described to me-lots of dentist types and others who give a few hundred to thousands of $s per annum and maybe to different sports
the reality is an sec program that plays big football has 75,000/100,000 seats subsidized with this medallion system and there is no limit to there fandom
we lose this game and the big money knows this and considers it futile or this is the preliminary feedback i received when i tried to push the discussion informally

i think we get pillaged wait on reform and then drop down to whatever level
it is depressing but it is what it is
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.168 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:40 PM