Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Let's brainstorm a plan
CM 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-11-18
03-28-24 01:14 PM - Post#366634    
    In response to Penndemonium

Those are the right questions, but based on how college athletics has moved in the past decade, and keeping in mind the Ivys continued commitment to not awarding scholarships/NIL, the only change is going to come from losing court cases - the Choi case specifically. But perhaps not even then.

And I hear that argument that the tuba player and the basketball player are equal in the eyes of the school, but are people tuning in to ESPN+ and buying tickets to watch the tuba player? But, again, I don't think the Ivys care or will do anything about it. They'll wake up one morning and realize they're a third class baskteball conference because they've stuck their collective heads in the sand as the world shifted around them.

I am acquaintances with an Ivy player who took a 5th year to play at another mid-major conference program. And when I asked how it was: It was free, I banked some dollars, had a great time flying on the school's private jet to games, and was generally treated super well. Glad I got my degree from the Ivy, but there's a big world of college sports out there and it's shocking to see it close up.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.126 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:59 AM