Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Let's brainstorm a plan
Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
03-28-24 06:27 PM - Post#366662    
    In response to borschtbelt

Can even D3 prohibit NIL anymore? I realize that the amounts would be small, but it seems inevitable that someone in D3 would pay just a little bit more than the rest...

I was reading about ND and their position as an independent, and mulled a college athletics world that isn't bound by these conferences and the NCAA. Perhaps the Washington St., Oregon St., Stanford, and Notre Dames of the world could start a movement towards independence of their athletic programs. I could see Florida State leaving the ACC. Maybe the Ivies could start to behave more like independently run athletic programs who simply agree to compete against each other? Are the march madness fees just too high for teams to walk away from? It's hard to imagine what it would look like with the NCAA monopoly turning into confederations of independents. Maybe the NCAAs could restructure itself more like the Premier League - where teams earn their way up and down into better divisions.

All of our ideas so far seem to end in one place, though. Either pay up for bigger athletics through scholarships and NIL, or just lay down.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.104 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:37 AM