Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy NIL strategy?
CM 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-11-18
03-31-24 05:58 AM - Post#366761    
    In response to TigerFan

Couple things. One, I finished not so long ago paying tuition at one of the Ancient Eight for my kid, who had over 20 D1 offers, but chose an Ivy. As I had, so probably my fault. Yes, the aid packages made it doable, but you know what it wasn't? Free. My kid's AAU and HS teammates paid zero and actually got checks every semester for cost of attendance. Yes, some even chased NIL checks, too.Sure, they didn't get the Ivy stamp, but this is what the Ivys are competing against.

As far as the sky not falling, uh, well, I'd say the best young players in the league running for the door over the past couple weeks sure feels like a signal of something bad happening. If you're a high level high school kid and you see Mack, Wolf, and Perkins exiting the Ivys - and trust me, high school kids and their coaches take note of all this stuff - the chances you'll seriously consider this league have for sure decreased.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.008 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:44 AM