Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy NIL strategy?
mobrien 
Masters Student

Loc: New York
Reg: 04-18-17
04-01-24 10:59 PM - Post#366795    
    In response to Chip Bayers

Yes, there's an extremely good chance that they both end up at Georgetown. In fact, I'd be shocked if either of them ends up anywhere else.

Georgetown is desperate, has a top 5 NIL budget this offseason, and is especially desperate to make inroads with DC kids (and their AAU teams). Mack and Perkins check every box for them.

And, as you say, the two of them can make a good chunk of change while not trading down too far, degree-wise, and getting to play in front of their families.

I'm not sure how it will all work out basketball-wise. Ed Cooley is coaching for his job in Year Two, that's how much of a disaster he was this past year. (Georgetown had the KP 322 defense; I don't care how bereft your roster is, that should never happen). They're going to throw a ton of money at Mack and Perkins, but neither of those guys are going to do anything about the team's defensive deficiencies. Even with a strong recruiting class coming in, I'm not sure Mack and Perkins really get Georgetown to .500 in the Big East. Could be ugly for them.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.012 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:44 AM