Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Baseball
Columbia 37P6 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-14-06
04-04-24 09:23 PM - Post#367018    
    In response to Chet Forte

As far as Lucky Jim is concerned, I was under the impression that for various reasons the absolute latest date for making a coaching change was March 31st. That date having now passed, I assume that we are lucky enough to have him return for still another year of outstanding achievements. With hindsight, I suppose no one on this Board or any other Ivy League Sports Board has any idea why Jim has not been let go despite his losing record year after year. What is particularly interesting this year is that certain new factors appear to be in play. First, it seems that Jim lucked out again as the Lions do not appear to have lost anyone in the Transfer Portal other than the three graduating seniors one of whom never played this season. That's a tremendous break for the Lions as their Ivy League opponents obviously have suffered major Transfer losses. Second, in early March some people interested in Ivy League Basketball suggested that Jim or someone on his staff had successfuly recruited four or five highly promising players who were bound to make an immediate impact in the Ivy League. However, if that were the case, you would expect the incoming class to be rated very highly by whomever rates incoming classes. So it is a bit confusing that the one rating service that has been referred to in this forum shows Princeton, Harvard and Brown as having the three top incoming classes in the Ivy League. I am uncertain what to make of that. Maybe you or someone else reading this post can explain what that means. Did the rating service only rate those three schools, or did the rating service review all eight schools and Columbia, Penn, Cornell, Yale and Dartmouth did not make the top three?
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.201 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:03 PM