Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: '24-'25 Transfer Portal
Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
04-06-24 08:52 PM - Post#367085    
    In response to CM

Amen. Even though the Big East is quite strong right now, I will never forget the old rivalries with Georgetown, St. Johns, Uconn, Villanova, and Syracuse when they were all in their prime. Providence, Seton Hall, and Boston College each also had some good years too. The conference rivalries were so intense. Those teams didn't need TV contracts and NIL to have fire. The games were like parking lot rumbles.

I don't hold anything against ACC basketball, but I won't shed a tear if the conference is shattered. They all made a greed play for football, and it would only be justice if the conference is ruined because of football.

• CM Said:
The effective dissolution of the old Big East at the altar of football was the canary in the coal mine. It's not been the same since, for me.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.14 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:07 PM