Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Good for Penn, bad for the league.
columbia92 
goober
columbia92
Loc: NYC
Reg: 11-22-04
02-09-05 03:01 PM - Post#3700    
    In response to Jeff2sf

I am not advocating anything.

If anything, I question the league's schedule with YES - it now plays out like Monday Night Football does annually.

Long-term, if we want the league to be more visible to the population at large (not necessarily nationally, but at least locally and regionally), is this a good scenario?

I think of the Big East, and the fact that when the power was conference-oriented (i.e. Gavitt and Tranghese held more power than the ADs at the schools) the league was much better than it is today.

The Big East has lost its ability to control member institutions - when it added football to appease Syracuse and BC. Then it became a free for all.

This league seems to be as decentralized in its administration as the schools themselves. I don't know if this helps the product.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.419 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:46 PM