Basketball State Page
Scouting Report
Photo Gallery
Historical Record
Loyola Media
The Greyhound
Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: Loyola 73- Morgan State 67        (Topic#11121)
LoCo2011 
Senior

Reg: 01-05-08
11-29-10 10:41 PM - Post#89936    

great win... real fun to go to, not even a mile away from Loyola.. not really much a student presence but got to go with a couple friends...

haven't looked at any of the stats yet but from seeing it live.. we looked to execute pretty efficiently.. got caught with a lot of fouls down low.. and had Thompson (Morgan State center) been hitting his shots, it would've been a different game. Thompson was having his way with Shane Walker, Walker always seems to struggle against true bigs and really needs to get stronger in the paint, too many soft post moves with a weak fade away

great effort by the hounds though to hold on to the lead and play solidly after blowing an 11 point lead.

just as a note.. Olsen was absolutely on fire for about one minute of this game and probably was the key to our victory.. hit 2 clutch 3's and another nice AND 1, all in about one minute of play

Also at 69-67 Loyola.. Erik Etherly got up and threw down probably the most impressive put back I've ever seen in my 4 years at Loyola on an Olsen miss (our video guy made the trip so there should be a highlight of it and I'll post the link when I can, but a great play to seal the win for us)

Just as a strictly loyola comment.. I'm pretty sure that from the East side of campus (where I live).. Morgan State's arena was closer for me than the new Ridley Athletic Complex.. just another issue to driving attendance to those games.

loco09 
Masters Student
loco09
Reg: 02-08-07
11-29-10 10:59 PM - Post#89937    
    In response to LoCo2011

I listened to most of the game and it sounded like it was a game of runs. Etherly finished with 14 pts, Cormier had 12, Olson and Barney 11 each. Good win for the Hounds now hopefully they can get the MAAC opener against St. Peter's on Thursday. How did the frosh Pierson Williams look? It sounded like the radio guys were impressed with his shooting.

Also when I was a senior living in Aquinas Hall over by York Rd. it was nearly impossible to get seniors to go to Reitz i can only imagine trying to get them to Ridley so maybe its a good thing the arena didnt get built out there.
It's Not Worth Winning if You Can't Win Big

loco09 
Masters Student
loco09
Reg: 02-08-07
11-29-10 11:02 PM - Post#89939    
    In response to loco09

Rudolph also had a nice game with 8pts and 4asists. Hopefully he can continue to be a steady PG and make plays for us.
It's Not Worth Winning if You Can't Win Big

LoCo2011 
Senior

Reg: 01-05-08
11-29-10 11:04 PM - Post#89940    
    In response to loco09

rudolph's shooting definitely improved and it was most evident in tonight's game.. his whole shooting style changed, really want to see him on the court more

pierson williams (the frosh) had a rough 1st 3 plays... 2 misses and a personal foul.. but seemed to warm up a bit, has a nice shot.. but i dont know if it can be relied on, but definitely has the chance to fit into a j'hared hall type of role down the road

phillyhound 
Junior

Reg: 11-30-06
11-30-10 11:37 AM - Post#89960    
    In response to LoCo2011

Surprising win. Didn't think we were capable of a big road win like this. Seems like Patsos is still spreading out the minutes according to the box score.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.018 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:37 AM