Basketball State Page
Scouting Report
Photo Gallery
Historical Record
Loyola Media
The Greyhound
Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: Patsos is toast        (Topic#11242)
villaloyola 
Freshman

Reg: 03-07-07
12-23-10 06:40 PM - Post#91531    

Over the past few years it has become more and more evident that Jimmy Patsos has taken this thing about as far as he is capable.

His liabilities as a coach are too numerous to detail here. Suffice to say, he is not really a good head coach, but is fine in the # 2 role as an assistant/recruiter.

The most disturbing aspect of his tenure, is the complete inability to have players grow skillwise and develop their games. Hard to believe, it seems as if many actually regress during their stay (Marquis Sullivan, Jamal Barney, Brian Rudolph etc.)

My hope is that the new AD will want to take us in a new direction. I do get a sense that the writing is on the wall. He must have known his days were numbered when he flirted with taking an Assistant job at Maryland and St. John's.

Let's hope that we are able to get a good head coach at the end of the season. We won't be alone, Towson will be going through the same process.

Scott 
Sophomore

Reg: 07-25-06
Re: Patsos is toast
12-24-10 12:22 PM - Post#91552    
    In response to villaloyola

I called the Patsos hire a mistake since day one and got railed on by posters when Loyola had limited success in his earlier seasons. That said, he did do better than I expected.

It will be nice when all of the residue from the Boylan/Fr Angelos regimes is wiped away!

greyhound 
Freshman

Reg: 11-23-09
12-28-10 12:29 AM - Post#91629    
    In response to Scott

The two freshmen, Drummond and Cormier, are very good players. Patsos and his staff did a great job in getting them to Loyola.
The loss to Howard is a terrible loss especially since they were up most of the game. But at the same time Cormier was out and that definitely hurt their scoring abilities.

aighounds03 
Freshman

Reg: 09-23-08
12-29-10 11:27 AM - Post#91696    
    In response to greyhound

I think we all can agree at this point that Patsos just isn't a good head coach. Whether it be the x's & o's of an offense/defense, player development, in-game coaching/strategy, etc, he just doesn't cut it.

However, I think he deserves a ton of credit for what he was able to do with a dead program. He was the right coach for us 7 years ago. He pumped a ton of life into the program, was able to recruit some quality players and seemed to bring a decent amount of students to Reitz. For that, I am grateful.

Now, it's time to move on.

phillyhound 
Junior

Reg: 11-30-06
12-31-10 11:26 PM - Post#91922    
    In response to greyhound

• greyhound Said:
The two freshmen, Drummond and Cormier, are very good players. Patsos and his staff did a great job in getting them to Loyola.
The loss to Howard is a terrible loss especially since they were up most of the game. But at the same time Cormier was out and that definitely hurt their scoring abilities.

If Patsos sticks around, just wait and see how good they are in a few years.

Lou 
Masters Student
Lou
Loc: Atlanta
Reg: 07-19-06
01-03-11 08:55 AM - Post#92055    
    In response to aighounds03

• aighounds03 Said:
I think we all can agree at this point that Patsos just isn't a good head coach. Whether it be the x's & o's of an offense/defense, player development, in-game coaching/strategy, etc, he just doesn't cut it.

However, I think he deserves a ton of credit for what he was able to do with a dead program. He was the right coach for us 7 years ago. He pumped a ton of life into the program, was able to recruit some quality players and seemed to bring a decent amount of students to Reitz. For that, I am grateful.

Now, it's time to move on.

Spot on. He is a good recruiter who we hoped would turn into a coach. It hasn't happened, and his ego has alienated assistants that were there to help him learn. I don't regret the hire, even if it wasn't my first choice. But I see nothing left here to hold on to.
Jesus loves me.
I don't give a f--- what the rest of you think.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.324 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:57 AM