Basketball State Page
Scouting Report
Photo Gallery
Historical Record
Loyola Media
The Greyhound
Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: Next year's recruits        (Topic#11291)
villaloyola 
Freshman

Reg: 03-07-07
01-04-11 11:38 AM - Post#92182    

Things are a little murky right now. However, here is what we know:

1. Brandon Ford: combo guard Gwynn Park--
Highly sought after guard who played well in the AAU circuit...he verbally commited to Loyola in November....however, he backed out and opened up his recruitment...maybe he knows something we don't.

2. R.J. Williams: PG St. Frances --he would really help rachet up the intensity on both ends of the court. At 5'8" he had only 2 other offers from low D1 schools, but I think he has an edge to his game that would trickle over to others.

3. David Samuels: 6'7" SF Phelps School. Went to prep school instead of Loyola (grades). Cut in the Etherly/Winbush mold. Great motor, great rebounder.

4. Chen Cai: 6'8" PF Lee Academy. He is from China and went to Lee Academy after be deemed ineligible to play in California. He's a lefty with a real nice game--bulky, but smooth. Can score inside and out. He has A-10 potential. Loyola is said to be the leader for him.

However, he received $30,000 in expenses improperly and his eligibilty for college ball is still in doubt.

I really would be surprised if any of these guys ever actually sign with the Hounds given Jimmy's pending fate.

phillyhound 
Junior

Reg: 11-30-06
01-04-11 01:42 PM - Post#92193    
    In response to villaloyola

Wow didn't know that Ford decommitted already.

Samuels definitely won't be at Loyola and I doubt any of these other guys will if they have any other options.

LoCo2011 
Senior

Reg: 01-05-08
01-04-11 02:09 PM - Post#92195    
    In response to phillyhound

But how awesome would it be if we had a Chinese player on this team!

loco09 
Masters Student
loco09
Reg: 02-08-07
01-04-11 08:15 PM - Post#92223    
    In response to LoCo2011

I hadnt heard Ford decommitted either, if he wasnt sure he wanted to come to Loyola why bother giving a verbal early. As for the other guys the only one I would expect to come would be RJ Williams who could be able to step right into Rudolph's spot. Samuels wont come after not qualifying last year and even if he did there would be the chance he wouldnt stay eligible. I think the Chinese player would bring too much baggage but he would fill a need and could be a really good player.
It's Not Worth Winning if You Can't Win Big

jdp 94 
Masters Student
jdp 94
Loc: New York
Reg: 07-20-06
01-06-11 03:54 PM - Post#92389    
    In response to loco09

I wonder if they made up special business cards for Patsos to take on recruiting trips that feature both a Loyola and U of Maryland logo. It could get confusing for him to lug around two different types of cards.

Scott 
Sophomore

Reg: 07-25-06
01-10-11 01:12 PM - Post#92815    
    In response to jdp 94

jdp...most of the time when people type LOL they really didn't laugh out loud but your post actualy made me laugh out loud!

greyhound 
Freshman

Reg: 11-23-09
01-11-11 12:00 AM - Post#92870    
    In response to Scott

Brandon Ford did decommit. Brandon really like Loyola wants to go to be there in the fall but his father won't sign his commitment letter. Apparently Loyola isn't good enough for the father.
The kid from St. Francis is a good pickup. Size is way overrated so him being 5'8 is not that big of a deal. Jimmy has been needing to tap in to the elite Baltimore high school scene and he has done just that with signing RJ Williams. He is averaging over 20 ppg in the Baltimore Catholic League. Hopefully this will lead to other local talent coming to Loyola as well. Loyola also needs a true point which Williams is...Cormier, Drummond, and Olson are really playing out of position when they're at the point and Rudolph is graduating.
I haven't seen David Samuels play but he is pretty highly touted. Has offers from Fairfield, Iona, Drexel, and Robert Morris (went to the same high school as J'hared Hall). Got looks from bigger programs like St. John's, Rutgers, and Miami (FL).
I believe Loyola has 5 scholarships available but probably won't give all 5 out. Another transfer might be in store as well.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.012 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:37 AM