Basketball State Page
Scouting Report
Photo Gallery
Historical Record
Loyola Media
The Greyhound
Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: Iona        (Topic#11324)
LoCo2011 
Senior

Reg: 01-05-08
01-10-11 02:53 PM - Post#92830    

Wanted to see how we looked when we didn't play the bottom of the conference... ouch.

Personally, I think Iona is the class of the MAAC (better than Fairfield imo) Glover is the real deal.. and with Machado at the point, and Smyth as a threat to score from 3... but you'd still like to see the Hounds put up a little better of a threat.

Walker didn't play, I'm not his biggest fan, but don't know what happened with him not playing.. definitely deserves to be on the court, hope he was just hurt and wasn't any disciplinary type of thing

Hoping for a more convincing effort against Fairfield

jdubs 
Freshman

Loc: Rhode Island
Reg: 11-27-06
01-10-11 04:16 PM - Post#92837    
    In response to LoCo2011

Went to this game and was greatly disappointed. I had hoped that maybe the 2 wins would've given them some momentum going into this one, but they looked awful.

2 consecutive shot clock violations. Same old pass it around offense, with Patsos yelling "Pass". How is that productive? They were in the bonus, with 6 minutes left in the first half, great. I'm not sure how no one fouled out, it seemed like half the team had 4 fouls. Rodriguez and Glover did basically what they wanted in the post.

Overall, not good. They had glimpses of nice plays, but that was about it.

wespearl 
Freshman

Reg: 01-10-11
01-10-11 06:24 PM - Post#92851    
    In response to jdubs

watched on telecast, our best post player didn't play because he was hurt, guys got into foul trouble becuase they were having to guard bigger players, etherly played center, olson power forward, without walker , we struggled, winbush out for season,

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.014 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:15 AM