Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: La Salle Game        (Topic#23748)
bison63 
Postdoc

Reg: 01-23-06
12-28-19 04:53 PM - Post#295370    
    In response to bison63

Ugh

bison75 
Masters Student

Reg: 01-26-06
12-28-19 05:34 PM - Post#295371    
    In response to bison63

I confess that I was one of the two Nattering Nabobs of Negativism who guessed that we would only win 3-4 OOC games. I sorely wish I was wrong, but I had two big concerns going into the season. First, the OOC schedule itself was challenging. Second, at least out of the gate I felt we were lacking the sort of go-to difference maker we’ve always seemed to have, who could get us over the top in the close games. I’m not a pessimist, and I still have hope that we’ll be competitive in the league despite the expected tough competition.

Bison89 
Professor
Bison89
Loc: Philadelphia
Reg: 11-14-07
12-28-19 05:48 PM - Post#295372    
    In response to bison63

• bison63 Said:
WTH is Toomer thinking killing clock like that?

63, a LaSalle fan in the stands was actually thanking Toomer for killing 25 seconds. Poor coaching.
New season, new team, new dream . . .

MrPhillie 
Postdoc
MrPhillie
Loc: NE PA
Reg: 07-14-08
12-28-19 05:56 PM - Post#295373    
    In response to Bison89

I was confused with some of Davis’ comments to Birdsong after the game. On one hand, he said his players showed strong concentration the entire game but then lamented the high number of turnover, many of which were unforced. So, how can you have great concentration but yet have careless turnovers? I know Jimmy had a boatload of turnovers, but he was one of the only guys to step up offensively this game, primarily in the 2nd half. I keep hearing Davis and Flannery day how talented these players are offensively and that they aren’t worried, but I have seen a lot of bad offense this year. Maybe they should kick in the explosive part soon.

Bison89 
Professor
Bison89
Loc: Philadelphia
Reg: 11-14-07
12-28-19 09:49 PM - Post#295383    
    In response to MrPhillie

Phillie, well said!
New season, new team, new dream . . .

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
12-28-19 10:06 PM - Post#295385    
    In response to MrPhillie

• MrPhillie Said:
I was confused with some of Davis’ comments to Birdsong after the game. On one hand, he said his players showed strong concentration the entire game but then lamented the high number of turnover, many of which were unforced. So, how can you have great concentration but yet have careless turnovers? I know Jimmy had a boatload of turnovers, but he was one of the only guys to step up offensively this game, primarily in the 2nd half. I keep hearing Davis and Flannery day how talented these players are offensively and that they aren’t worried, but I have seen a lot of bad offense this year. Maybe they should kick in the explosive part soon.

Yeah, a lot of the turnovers were careless ones. Appeared concentration was often low. Sotos obviously is turning the ball over too much, but as you say, he has been the best offensive player by a goodly margin. May be trying to do too much with his passes.

As for the offense stepping up, the good news is that PL play now begins. All ten PL teams are below average defensive teams - all but Navy way below average - so that should help. Also the league really only has about three shot blockers: Lafayette's Good, who only plays 11 mpg; Loyola's Holcombe, who only plays 17 mpg; and Lehigh's Karnik, who plays a lot. It will be much easier to score inside in PL play than it was today, where the Bison found it almost impossible to finish at the rim versus La Salle's long, athletic players. Only four shots were blocked but a number of others were altered. In PL play, that might have been eight more baskets with the same opportunities.

BisonRoadWarrior 
Professor
BisonRoadWarrior
Loc: Where the Bison Roam
Reg: 08-16-06
12-28-19 11:46 PM - Post#295389    
    In response to Bison89

• Bison89 Said:
Good to see BRW at the Palestra. Class of '89!

Good talking to you, too. Also saw NoMoney89 (née GMoney89) there too, who rounds out our class’s disproportionate presence here.

BisonRoadWarrior 
Professor
BisonRoadWarrior
Loc: Where the Bison Roam
Reg: 08-16-06
12-29-19 01:48 AM - Post#295393    
    In response to BisonRoadWarrior

This City of Basketball Love story on the La Salle game has some emphasis on Philly Bison Funk and Newman and future Bison Deuce Turner:
https://www.cityofbasketballlove.com/news_article/...

candyfan 
Masters Student
candyfan
Reg: 01-10-10
12-29-19 07:26 AM - Post#295395    
    In response to BisonRoadWarrior

Did not see your post on City of Brotherly Love, so I'll leave it where it is. But I hafta say we are lacking, so far, that one (or more) player who can win a game for us?

Senior Avi, Junior Jimmy and Sophomore Andrew show flashes, but not enough unless all three are hitting. That didn't happen tonight. At least three teams in Patriot are showing signs of ability to beat Bucknell twice this season, so unless improvement comes quickly, Bucknell looking at a disappointing .500 season?

And Bucknell recruiting really needs an infusion of talent for next year!

Old Bison 
Masters Student

Reg: 07-09-17
12-29-19 04:36 PM - Post#295422    
    In response to candyfan

Watching HC (presumptively the worst team in the PL) playing Siena much more competitively than we did. Nowhere near the problem we had with Burns

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.156 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:03 AM