Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: Colgate Game        (Topic#23840)
Bison89 
Professor
Bison89
Loc: Philadelphia
Reg: 11-14-07
01-21-20 12:03 PM - Post#297153    
    In response to bison63

Personally, I think that 'Gate is just a better team than Bucknell this year. They have more weapons who play at a consistently higher level. Also, it is VERY difficult to win when you can't hit FT's and commit so many fouls.

It was a fun game to watch until 'Gate went on a run in the 2nd half. Even then, I felt that Bucknell had a fighters shot to win until about 5 min left or so.
New season, new team, new dream . . .

Old Bison 
Masters Student

Reg: 07-09-17
01-21-20 12:27 PM - Post#297156    
    In response to bison63

2 games behind at this point with 11 games left (6 on the road). A lot of season left but we need to go on a prolonged win streak if we're even to get a semi game at home. Getting to be a difficult situation already. Couple of thoughts:

-1st half played out the way we wanted it to

-Can't understand for the life of me the shot selection on our first 10 possessions (reason we stayed in it was our first half defense was very good...finally doubled the ball in the post and in corners and along the baseline)

-Colgate shot 71% from 3 in the 2nd half and as ND said, most, if not all (excepting Richardson's early corner look)were in fact well contested.

-Give Colgate credit...they moved the ball very well and isolated us more in H2...eventually opening up room for Cummings

-All Colgate starters played over 31 minutes (Burns playing the least because of H1 fouls)

-We had 1 starter and 4 reserves on the floor at the 16:05 mark of H1

JVdH has hardly played in 3 games and we throw him into a first-place contest, on the road, in the first half. Nothing against the kid but if they're playing their starters an average of 33 min. why are we going 11 deep. You can't mud wrestle when everybody keeps coming in with clean clothes. I realize we didn't sub as much in the second hald which is when we got gassed but there's gotta be a strategy and you have to stick with it. Playing 10-11 deep in H1 and doing the opposite isn't a strategy to me

-2 Bucknell starters played over 30 minutes

-Spears was obviated from being any kind of factor because of some questionable foul problems

-We need that game in the high 50's/low 60's to be successful. You knew when it was 32-29 at half Langell would make adjustments. This is where coming out in a 2-3 or 1-3-1 to start the 2nd half(or after they scored 9 points in first 1:50)can be tactically help in obviating momentum,changing momentum or changing tempo. Don't understand why we want to roll the dice on having a shootout with them at Cotterall. Maybe, possibly at Sojka but not up there.

-If you have better personnel you can be inflexible...if you don't, you can't.

You will never beat CU when you allow Richardson to go 6-8 (w/ 4 3's)...he's got to be face guarded and you can't switch on him...hard hedge him on every P&R and ball hand-off...if he hits the roll man so be it.

No Tuesday morning QB'ing...said last week we would not outscore them or be successful employing 100% MTM.

ALL OF THE ABOVE SAID...IF THE OTHER TEAM SHOOTS 56/61 and 73% FROM 3 IN THE 2ND HALF NO AMOUNT OF X's AND O's ARE GONNA SAVE YOU. JUST DON"T UNDERSTAND FOR THE LIFE OF ME WHY WE CAN'T EMPLOY A TACTICAL SECONDARY DEFENSE...it's like prayer - What'ya risk?

Old Bison 
Masters Student

01-21-20 12:44 PM - Post#297158    
    In response to Old Bison

Very interesting life point...imagine going to your doctor and telling him you don't agree with his Rx and the medicine he's suggesting is crap. Imagine telling your lawyer that all that money for Law School and his passing the Bar is a waste/joke...that he doesn't know crap about the law.

It's really only in Basketball that everyone (including me) thinks they're a coach and they know better than the guy who's running things. It's a joke, absolutely ridiculous...I can tell you unreservedly that the guy in the actual seat knows a HELL of a lot more than someone who isn't
Doesn't happen anywhere near as much in any other sport!

Why does everybody think they're a basketball coach?

DoCtoR62 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-18-08
01-21-20 04:22 PM - Post#297166    
    In response to Old Bison

• Old Bison Said:
Very interesting life point...imagine going to your doctor and telling him you don't agree with his Rx and the medicine he's suggesting is crap. Imagine telling your lawyer that all that money for Law School and his passing the Bar is a waste/joke...that he doesn't know crap about the law.

It's really only in Basketball that everyone (including me) thinks they're a coach and they know better than the guy who's running things. It's a joke, absolutely ridiculous...I can tell you unreservedly that the guy in the actual seat knows a HELL of a lot more than someone who isn't

Find a baseball fan forum and 20 fans who care, and you'll find baseball experts.

atlantabison 
PhD Student

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Reg: 01-25-06
01-21-20 04:24 PM - Post#297167    
    In response to Old Bison

• Old Bison Said:

Maybe because we are basketball coaches. Off to practice now.
Ray Bucknell!

Old Bison 
Masters Student

01-21-20 07:28 PM - Post#297176    
    In response to atlantabison

Atlanta B...what’s the record? No messin’ now or I’ll get all Sherlock Holmes on the Internet! 😂🏀

Old Bison 
Masters Student

01-21-20 07:34 PM - Post#297178    
    In response to Old Bison

DR, that’s my point. If the 20 fans knew more than the manager the GM would be looking through their resumes!

Phil Jackson went to the Knicks and all of a sudden he was horrible. Point being, the team with the best players will win the majority of the time.

Our kids did well but Colgate shot the eyes out. Difficult to overcome

atlantabison 
PhD Student

01-22-20 09:46 AM - Post#297189    
    In response to Old Bison

• Old Bison Said:
Atlanta B...what’s the record? No messin’ now or I’ll get all Sherlock Holmes on the Internet! 😂🏀

i'm actually the volleyball coach at St. Pius X in Atlanta. We were 45-5 getting upset in the state championship game. I do some freshman girls basketball on the side part-time, good luck finding those results as we are smart enough not to post them anywhere.
Ray Bucknell!

Old Bison 
Masters Student

01-22-20 04:51 PM - Post#297214    

Great VB record...maybe you should take over the Bison Women’s program. For the purpose of future hoop critiques we will apply your VB record as your 🏀. That will keep you in good stead for years. Have fun brother. Don’t start passing out on the sideline like Coach F. 😂👍

atlantabison 
PhD Student

01-23-20 09:35 AM - Post#297235    
    In response to Old Bison

Actually, I gave some serious consideration to applying for the Bucknell women's job. Didn't think I would be selected, but as an alumnus with a 30 year high school coaching career that includes 12 state titles I would have at least been a serious candidate. I have beaten 4 former SEC head coaches when they moved to the high school level, one of whom encouraged me to go ahead and try it. I just don't want to go on the road and recruit like I would have to on the college level.
Ray Bucknell!

Old Bison 
Masters Student

01-23-20 09:39 AM - Post#297236    

I don’t like to travel for business so I can relate. Enjoy what you’re doing and watch from afar

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.241 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:48 PM