Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Page 3 of 17 « First<3456>» Last
Username Post: Fire ND!        (Topic#23900)
Bison89 
Professor
Bison89
Loc: Philadelphia
Reg: 11-14-07
02-05-20 02:59 PM - Post#298629    
    In response to Bison54

• Bison54 Said:
Maybe should use a "?" instead of "!"

A subject worthy of debate, but as a question rather than a demand.

Bison54, that is a good idea, but ultimately, this was The Psycho of Sojka's thread, and as such, his subject. It would seem that he clearly feels that Coach Davis should be shown the door. So, while I might agree with you, I understand Psycho's use of "!".
New season, new team, new dream . . .

Old Bison 
Masters Student

Reg: 07-09-17
02-06-20 12:12 PM - Post#298695    
    In response to Old Bison

• Old Bison Said:
That does not mean I'm happy with the state of affairs nor agree with all of the decisions being made or even the execution of same.

I'm not sure what about above was unclear, so let me RESTATE. I have expressed my basketball sentiment above while explaining the realities of the legal and contractual issues that would be at hand with respect to this topic (i.e., this isn't even VAGUELY in the realm of short-term possibility).

Also, I am not posting this because I feel I have to "defend" my position in any regard. I am responding because I'm mature and pragmatic. So, if the topic has a 0% chance of occurring than why post? Culture is not easy to create but it is easy to destroy. To anyone disaffected it gives license to being more disaffected.

With respect to my taking "personal shots" and being "childish", let me be clear on that also. ND has forgot more basketball than the three of you combined. Also, just to amuse me I would like to see a detailed list of your replacement candidates (hint: just to obviate your #1 response DF isn't leaving W&M).

Scorekeeper, you are in fact are the only prescient one; I am BOTH old and grumpy. However, I will be at school for Mike's jersey retirement and the alumni game on the 15th of Feb and will be in the men's weight room at Sojka Sat morning b4 the start. Come by and wrap your hand around my bicep...its impressive!(Imogee smile face). Meaning...I'm working on the OLD part...can't help you with the GRUMPY part.

If the weight room is crowded I'm the handsome guy

Bison89 
Professor
Bison89
Loc: Philadelphia
Reg: 11-14-07
02-06-20 12:26 PM - Post#298696    
    In response to Old Bison

• Old Bison Said:
Scorekeeper, you are in fact are the only prescient one; I am BOTH old and grumpy. However, I will be at school for Mike's jersey retirement and the alumni game on the 15th of Feb and will be in the men's weight room at Sojka Sat morning b4 the start. Come by and wrap your hand around my bicep...its impressive!(Imogee smile face). Meaning...I'm working on the OLD part...can't help you with the GRUMPY part.

Old Bison, I plan to be there also. Should we bring you a Bison walking stick? Here is a nice one: https://www.ebay.com/i/223710679770?chn=ps &nor...
New season, new team, new dream . . .

NoMoney89 
Freshman

Reg: 01-17-18
02-07-20 07:03 PM - Post#298879    
    In response to Bison89

• Bison89 Said:
  • Old Bison Said:

Old Bison, I plan to be there also. Should we bring you a Bison walking stick? Here is a nice one: https://www.ebay.com/i/223710679770?chn=ps &nor...

And Bison '89 That stick is from Ukraine! How on point! Stealth political post? J/K See you on the 15th or the 14th at the Shanty if you're coming up early.

No Money AKA GMoney'89

HuskyColonial 
PhD Student

Reg: 02-17-12
02-08-20 10:51 AM - Post#298962    
    In response to NoMoney89

That's actually a pretty cool walking stick!

The Psycho of Sojka 
Sophomore

Reg: 11-15-15
02-08-20 09:01 PM - Post#299108    
    In response to HuskyColonial

For tonight’s lovely showing, if ND wants to start winning games he should start drawing up plays other than 3pt. Shots. 8-35 behind the arc is ridiculous. When you start seeing that they aren’t falling and that your attempts are climbing you need to pull the plug. Could be a different outcome if you cut that 35 down to 20 and you take 15 shots while driving the ball to the hole. A tip from yours truly “The person that wants ND gone!”

raybucknell12 
Freshman

Reg: 02-19-12
02-08-20 09:05 PM - Post#299110    
    In response to The Psycho of Sojka

I’d love if someone on this board could point me to the offense that we run. Because I just don’t see it. Seems to me we love to pass the ball around the perimeter until the shot clock gets to 10 then hoist up a contested 3. I don’t blame these kids for this awful showing (although even our open shots were not falling).

I sure hope that tonight’s game is rock bottom for us.

The Psycho of Sojka 
Sophomore

02-12-20 10:34 PM - Post#299770    

I’ll just agree with my post last game. Stop shooting 3’s when they aren’t dropping! I will add though and say I dont know what ND sees in switching every damn possession, but it seems to be working if he wants an L over a W!

The Psycho of Sojka 
Sophomore

02-19-20 09:59 PM - Post#300773    

I’m glad we won against maybe one of the worst Holy Cross teams in the last decade but, if we weren’t hot from behind the arc I don’t think we win that game. The switching is still dumb and Davis needs to learn how to coach the switch when it is necessary. Every screen/possession doesn’t require it. I will still stand behind my thread of getting rid of ND even though we beat a terrible team.

The Psycho of Sojka 
Sophomore

Fire ND!
02-23-20 02:57 PM - Post#301537    

Over 52% of our total FG’s were 3’s and we hit 7. That’s a great way to win a game. #HotGarbage

Edited by The Psycho of Sojka on 02-23-20 02:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

The Psycho of Sojka 
Sophomore

Re: Fire ND!
03-21-20 07:09 PM - Post#304970    

I’ll just bump this to the top because I wonder if opinions have changed yet. 🤔

Old Bison 
Masters Student

03-24-20 07:14 AM - Post#305061    

“and I bumped and I bumped again”

- Third Eye Blind (Semi Charmed Life)

HuskyColonial 
PhD Student

Reg: 02-17-12
03-27-20 02:48 PM - Post#305161    
    In response to Old Bison

And I don't know how it started (and I don't know how) But I'm ready to go, I'm ready to......

Bump, bump, bump, bump, bump, bump, bump

- Usher (Bump)

The Psycho of Sojka 
Sophomore

04-03-20 11:19 AM - Post#305674    
    In response to HuskyColonial

Now the Jimmy transfer...I kind of had a suspicion this was coming because of me talking to some people at an away game. The answer I got from these people was he was not happy with coaching. I’ll just leave it at that.

Old Bison 
Masters Student

04-03-20 11:23 AM - Post#305677    

Maybe you’re not who I thought you were

bisonmania 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-26-07
04-03-20 11:24 AM - Post#305678    
    In response to Old Bison

Jimmy may not be the last one either!

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
04-03-20 11:24 AM - Post#305679    

Yes, it was very evident he was not happy with the offense and defense being run. I had several conversations with people close to him.

Old Bison 
Masters Student

04-03-20 11:27 AM - Post#305682    
    In response to Bison137

The kid will look back and understand that life decisions shouldn’t be based on what basketball offense or defense is being run. Wish him the best

raybucknell12 
Freshman

Reg: 02-19-12
04-03-20 12:09 PM - Post#305695    
    In response to Old Bison

• Old Bison Said:
The kid will look back and understand that life decisions shouldn’t be based on what basketball offense or defense is being run. Wish him the best

That you, one, have any shred of understanding of why he transferred, and, two, think you know what is best for him shows how completely out of touch you are.

I'm sad that he's leaving the program--his heart and toughness made us all proud. But, I'm also empathetic as to his situation and hopes he finds a new place to call home. Much like Nate, I'll be rooting for him hard next season wherever he lands (unless its Lehigh lol).

I've made my opinions about the coaching staff on this board quite clear. Its never a good sign if your best returning player leaves before his senior year, and amplifies whatever issues he was having with the program.

Old Bison 
Masters Student

04-03-20 01:54 PM - Post#305712    
    In response to raybucknell12

Ray B, I already replied to this on the other thread. That said, I didn’t say I know why he transferred. I was responding to 137 who said he Talked to people who said he didn’t like the offense or defense. He’s now voted with his feet. Good for him.

What I find interesting is your taking exception to me, and assailing me by wrongly stating that I either said, or conjectured about, WHY he transferred. I did not. On the other hand it’s clear it ok to conjecture that he left because of the coaching staff. Bit of a double standard but not important.

Let’s be clear however. If the kid is leaving his junior year BEFORE the 1x rule has officially sanctioned then OF COURSE he’s blaming it on the coaching staff. Only other real possibility is his girlfriend is transferring to OSU.

Let’s look at the facts. I agree with what someone else (Mr Phillie?) already said in that he was the best all around player on the team. Also my personal favorite as I saw so much of myself in the kid. That said, he didn’t make the PL 1st, 2nd or 3rd team all league. The answer seems to be to transfer to the B10. To what end? Another year of basketball? When Chris Haas was a freshman he sat on the bench while Ryan F, Ryan Hill and Casper played in front of him. I called that backcourt “the gang that couldn’t shoot straight”. I love Dave P but it was one of the most egregious coaching decisions I’d ever seen. I went to Charles Lee 5x and said WTF? Chris waited for his time and had an excellent career as we all know.

The reality is he was the starting PG and played 30 mpg (?) and took any shot he liked (like everyone else for that matter), So what’s the beef exactly? When we are children and in early adulthood and something isn’t 109% to our liking the first inclination is for us to look externally. It’s endemic at that stage of life. Growth involves maturity and maturity involves introspection...it’s tough to get honest but that is exactly where growth happens. The world is filled with people that need someone else to blame...it’s the coaches fault...it’s the bosses fault - if we’re not getting the result we want then someone beside us has to be at fault. Tough way to go through life.

Steven Casper couldn’t shoot a lick but he sure learned to be a competitor. BU won the PL because Mahoney is 2x the competitor than Ivanauskas.

You want to win the PL again. Find kids that look internally

Page 3 of 17 « First<3456>» Last
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.177 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:04 PM