Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Page 14 of 17 « First<14151617
Username Post: Fire ND!        (Topic#23900)
bison75 
Masters Student

Reg: 01-26-06
04-30-22 12:50 PM - Post#340922    
    In response to The Psycho of Sojka

Did you get today's email from Truex?

Bison54 
PhD Student
Bison54
Reg: 11-18-09
04-30-22 01:54 PM - Post#340923    
    In response to bison75

Yes...they will reorganize the coaching staff and have a dedicated strength and conditioning coach. Not clear whether this is an added position, or part of the reassignment.

A couple a facilities improvements to one of the better facilities. And address the possibility of incoming transfers, and addressing the changing landscape of the transfer portal.

In other words, we are looking at adapting to change, but there are no immediate plans.

Reminds of the story of the new CEO consulting with his fired predecessor. The old CEO gave the new three envelopes, marked to open in order when rough times occurred. So after a year or so, it got rough. Envelope 1 said "Blame your predecessor." That worked for a while, but sure enough, Envelope 2 needed to be opened. It said simply "Reorganize.". That too worked, but eventually, the third envelope was needed. Upon opening, it said "Make up three envelopes."

I fear that we have just opened envelope 2.

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
05-01-22 12:08 PM - Post#340934    
    In response to bison75

• bison75 Said:
Did you get today's email from Truex?

For those who didn't get his email, here is what it said:

Bison Men’s Basketball Supporters,

As we reflect on the state of our men’s basketball program, it is clear that the on-court results have not met the high expectations of our storied program. Coach Davis and I share in this disappointment, and we have spent the past several weeks together discussing the path forward and evaluating every aspect of the program. This review included both on- and off-the-court deficiencies and Coach Davis has been tasked with making necessary changes to build toward success next season.

Initial steps coming out of our discussion to enhance the program:

- Set to hire a new strength & conditioning coach exclusively for basketball;

- The coaching staff is being reorganized and duties will be adjusted to better address on- and off-the-court areas needing improvement, including recruiting, communications, player development and community engagement;

- Facility renovations that include the basketball locker room, adding a dedicated film room, Normatec recovery stations, a student-athlete relaxation space, and an enhanced nutrition and refueling station;

- A commitment to addressing the potential for incoming transfers and the evolving landscape of the Division I Men’s Basketball Transfer Portal; and,

- Reallocation of program resources to prioritize a full summer training and academic offering for student-athletes.

We have made these improvements with the expectation to compete for and win future Patriot League championships. Our assessment will be ongoing, and we will continue to make enhancements where necessary as we chart our championship path.

We recognize this work is not easy and it takes everyone, just as it did while winning previous championships. Despite our recent challenges, it was extremely encouraging that so many Bison alumni, donors, and fans continued to positively support our players and prove why The Bison Way is unmatched in the Patriot League. One thing is for certain: we will not be able to achieve our goals without the continued belief of our Bison Family.

It has been two full seasons since we have permitted supporters in Sojka without restrictions. Two years ago, we prohibited fans altogether and this past year we had reduced capacity requirements among other restrictions. We cannot wait to see you in Sojka Pavilion in November as you all provide us with one of the best competitive advantages in the Patriot League!

Thank you for your continued support, passion, and commitment.

MrPhillie 
Postdoc
MrPhillie
Loc: NE PA
Reg: 07-14-08
05-01-22 12:24 PM - Post#340935    
    In response to Bison137

Yeah I saw that. Not sure how many of those steps affect change to Davis’ personality, coaching acumen, use of players, make players want to stay and play, etc…

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
05-01-22 12:28 PM - Post#340936    
    In response to Bison137

I was not at all impressed by this email. Most of the items he lists are not really relevant to why the team has been so bad. I think/hope he is trying to buy time until after next year when the buyout will be small enough to fire ND. One thing that could help is if they make it easier to attract transfers. But Bucknell's facilities are already better than most everyone in the PL and most other northeastern mid-majors. And women's basketball, which has been very successful, deals with all of the same issues - without being affected. Matt Langel at Colgate has much worse facilities and shares a strength coach with multiple sports.

To help Jermaine Truax, I talked to a sports consultant, who came up with a list of the top ten reasons for Bucknell basketball being at its lowest point in at least 50 years. Here they are:

1 Incompetent coaching staff
2 Incompetent coaching staff
3 Incompetent coaching staff
4 Incompetent coaching staff
5 Incompetent coaching staff
6 Incompetent coaching staff
7 Incompetent coaching staff
8 Incompetent coaching staff
9 Incompetent coaching staff
10 Incompetent coaching staff

It doesn't appear he understands this, so for a consulting fee I will happily provide a fix for all ten of these problems.

The Psycho of Sojka 
Sophomore

Reg: 11-15-15
11-26-22 05:19 PM - Post#347105    
    In response to Bison137

Welp! It’s that time of year again. Had to blow the dust off this forum because it’s time again to push the fire ND! Even though the this board is dead over the Bucknell sport performances in many if not all sports. Maybe, it’s time for a house cleaning of the athletic department.

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Fire ND!
11-26-22 10:20 PM - Post#347131    

Agree about Davis. Don’t agree about the athletic department in general because they have been sabotaged to a large degree by the administration. Give most of these coaches a level playing field and they will do just fine.

Also note that in almost all team sports that the PL has screwed schools like Bucknell who don’t have the ability to bring back many 5th year players. Many of the PL competitors have teams with many 5th year athletes.

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
11-26-22 10:41 PM - Post#347132    
    In response to Bison137

One more comment about the above. I only see two Bucknell coaches who maybe should be gone: MBB and Football. The football coach inherited a very tough situation, which is a factor, but the men's basketball coach inherited the absolute BEST situation any PL hoops coach has ever walked into.

As for the other Bison coaches, I think there are two others where it is too early to judge. All the other coaches imo are doing an above average job when you factor in the unlevel playing field many face.

One thing I would like to see is for Jermaine Truax and the coaches to start pushing back on the administration for fairer treatment. Many alums who support athletics are probably unaware of all of the factors that help determine success or failure.

DoCtoR62 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-18-08
11-28-22 01:02 PM - Post#347202    
    In response to Bison137

• Bison137 Said:
One thing I would like to see is for Jermaine Truax and the coaches to start pushing back on the administration for fairer treatment.

As you know, the world of college athletics has drastically changed in recent years. One could argue that the internal issues need to be addressed before making changes so that you are an attractive option for top head coaching candidates. That said, I believe changes are coming regardless.

bisonmania 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-26-07
12-30-22 06:19 PM - Post#348599    
    In response to DoCtoR62

A much needed bump!

HuskyColonial 
PhD Student

Reg: 02-17-12
12-30-22 06:25 PM - Post#348600    
    In response to bisonmania

It’s gonna happen but at least 2 years too late.

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
12-30-22 06:32 PM - Post#348602    
    In response to HuskyColonial

Yes, should have been done last March.

JPM 
Masters Student
JPM
Reg: 05-20-08
Fire ND!
01-02-23 06:32 PM - Post#348735    
    In response to Bison137

This team and this program are unrecognizable from the days of DP coaching the team.

The decline is just sad to see for a once great small-college program.

Edited by JPM on 01-02-23 06:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

The Psycho of Sojka 
Sophomore

01-02-23 07:01 PM - Post#348738    
    In response to JPM

Not only does Bucknell start 0-2 in season play, but a bad Holy Cross team starts 2-0. The Holy Cross team that now has 3 D1 wins. 2 in conference and 1 outside of conference. One program made some adjustments while one is still just as awful.

DrBison 
Junior

Reg: 12-22-08
01-02-23 07:16 PM - Post#348740    

While we’re talking about firing ND could we also please fire Bravman and Truax. Under their “leadership”, a once exceptional and proud athletic department and program is becoming a non-competitive joke. And the worst thing is, no one cares and no one is held accountable.

HuskyColonial 
PhD Student

01-02-23 08:18 PM - Post#348745    
    In response to DrBison

That’s correct DrBison. No one cares. And maybe that’s by their design. I expect Davis to be retained. Maybe lauded for competing through adversity.

bison75 
Masters Student

Reg: 01-26-06
01-02-23 10:40 PM - Post#348796    
    In response to HuskyColonial

Cheer up, folks. It’s only seven and a half months until women’s soccer season.

Paulie777 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-11-07
01-02-23 11:27 PM - Post#348797    
    In response to bison75

Let's just shut the whole place down. Turn it into a Polo field for Evangelical. Bucknell proper needs to shape up or will start heading down a slippery slope even its signature resiliency can't stop. Or I'm becoming the old cranky guy where things aren't like they used to be. I want to be proud of my Alma Mater. Don't like the competitive athletics product right now.

The Psycho of Sojka 
Sophomore

01-05-23 09:58 PM - Post#348956    
    In response to Paulie777

First time I think ever in ND career he used all of his timeouts with about 5min and some change left in the game. Fire ND signs will be coming to communities near you soon!

HuskyColonial 
PhD Student

01-05-23 10:40 PM - Post#348959    

I would appreciate if the players went out on the court and sat down to start the next game. That would spare them fighting hard but not being coached.

Page 14 of 17 « First<14151617
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.278 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:42 AM