Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: takes on the bucknell-holy cross game...        (Topic#2391)
ericatbucknell 
PhD Student
ericatbucknell
Reg: 01-22-06
02-11-06 10:57 PM - Post#15164    

figured the game needed a thread!

despite the comeback and win i am still scared but what happened today. i can understand not coming out strong against weak opposition but this was a huge game for both teams. this kind of effort isnt going to get it done against physically superior competition in march.

that said, it was a great win that again showed this teams amazing will to win. theres something special about this team, ladies and gentlemen. soak it up while you can... a group like this doesnt come around very often.
The Bracket Bustin' Bison are Back!

Okay. First round streak BACK ON!

Shot Clock 
Masters Student

Loc: Arlington VA
Reg: 01-27-06
Re: takes on the bucknell-holy cross game...
02-11-06 11:05 PM - Post#15165    
    In response to ericatbucknell

Given the history, I expected a tough close game, and that's exactly what they got. I'm quite happy with the victory. One thing Bucknell has shown - they win all the tight games. They've won them all - clutch.
B.A. Bucknell University, 1993

jck45 
Junior

Reg: 01-24-06
02-11-06 11:14 PM - Post#15166    
    In response to Shot Clock

I agree Eric, we need to come out stronger. We're good enough to dig ourselves out of holes against PL competion but I don't want to have to in March...

Maybe our first half defecits are just statistical flukes...

Hoop Time 
Sophomore
Hoop Time
Reg: 01-23-06
02-12-06 12:16 AM - Post#15167    
    In response to jck45

How surprising is it for a fired up opponent to come out strong, or for Bucknell to take a while to get going in some of these buildings they have been playing in. Hart was sold out and loud; Hamilton is always a grind, Army is not exactly an opponent or destination to get the blood going, Lehigh is tough ... I am far more impressed by this team's ability to find another gear when it needs one than I am alarmed by slow starts on the road in conference games.

Shot Clock 
Masters Student

Loc: Arlington VA
Reg: 01-27-06
02-12-06 12:28 AM - Post#15168    
    In response to Hoop Time

Exactly. We have to keep in mind - at this point, the Bison are public enemy #1 in the PL. It is similar to Duke in the ACC. They are quite likely to get the best game an opponent has to offer, particularly on the road. I don't care who you play - road wins aren't supposed to be easy.
B.A. Bucknell University, 1993

GoBison 
Junior
GoBison
02-12-06 12:34 AM - Post#15169    
    In response to Shot Clock

The confidence this team displays in the latter stages of games is nothing short of remarkable. HC is not an easy place to play under normal circumstances - let alone when you have their undivided attention.

20-3... 11-0.. Amazing!

GoBison 
Junior
GoBison
02-12-06 12:41 AM - Post#15170    
    In response to GoBison

Oh, and if a Bucknell player (CHARLES LEE) doesn't win Player of the Week in the PL for a change, it will prove that the league office is even more clueless than most of us already believe them to be.

bison63 
Postdoc

02-12-06 03:20 AM - Post#15171    
    In response to GoBison

At this point, I'm siding with the glass half full crowd. Going in I truly felt that this team could not come back against HC at Hart if they were to spot them a double figure lead as has become their habit on the road. It was a great win--and a lot of fun for the 20 or so in the chat room.

Bison1999 
Junior

Quick Thoughts
02-12-06 06:14 PM - Post#15172    
    In response to bison63

1) Include me in the "half full" crowd. I expected HC's deeper bench rotation (it had been worked in the previous couple of games) and thought a half-time deficit insurmountable. And with HC's 7-0 2nd half start? Fuggetaboudit. Incredible play by Lee and Brown in the 2nd half. Once again, this team shows just how ice-cold they can be down the stretch, in the clutch, under hostile attack. Amazing.

2) GREAT turnout in the chatroom. 19 people there for most of the game. Make sure to email the Bucknell AD. Let 'em know we're here & support the team!

3) I really hope that this slow start business is just playing to the level of their competition because if the Bison do this against a team with HC's skill, only 1 or 2 players deeper, they're gonna get burned badly (and publicly).

4) Lee is POY right now, hands down. He does everything right. More importantly, he does it at the right time. This is a noteworthy distinction from other POY contenders this year.

5) I loved seeing Vergotsky get serious minutes in a big game. His defensive skills are developing rapidly.

6) Why did Mastro play so few minutes? Was he a matchup liability against HC? Injury?

7) Anyone actually at the game who can describe the last 15 minutes? Must've been great!

Go Bison!

BUFan 
PhD Student
BUFan
Reg: 01-24-06
Re: Quick Thoughts
02-12-06 06:18 PM - Post#15173    
    In response to Bison1999

Well, Mastro had 3 first half fouls, so that hurt. Flannery praised his play after the game though.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.015 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:12 AM