Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Dartmouth / Harvard        (Topic#24082)
FLBB 
Freshman

Reg: 05-19-18
03-01-20 08:08 AM - Post#302499    

Given how Cornell had played such inspired ball last weekend, I really thought they would beat Dartmouth. Did not show up defensively allowing Dartmouth to shoot 56% from the field. Played MUCH better defense vs. Harvard (held them to 39%), but only shot that themselves vs. a better defensive team.

mountainred 
Masters Student

Loc: Charleston, WV
Reg: 04-11-10
03-01-20 11:09 AM - Post#302528    
    In response to FLBB

Missed the Dartmouth game, but it looks like Sistare carried the Green with his best game of the season (Plus Knight being a stud as he normally is). I too was hoping to get one last win against them, but Congrats to Dartmouth on the sweep.

Loved the effort against Harvard, but those are two teams competing on two different levels. Does any Cornell regular get meaningful minutes at Harvard?

Road games at the P's to close the season. It's really hard to see how this team gets their first road win of the season next weekend.

HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
03-01-20 12:34 PM - Post#302554    
    In response to mountainred

Harvard is in need of a PG at the moment.

Cornell tried to take advantage and press full court. Led to some ugly basketball.

FlareScreen 
Freshman

Reg: 08-09-19
03-01-20 08:16 PM - Post#302623    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

I didn’t see the Dartmouth game either but as stated, the stat sheet tells the story.

I attended the Harvard game and Amaker really outcoached Earl. Harvard had them scouted and took away most everything they like to do.

Harvard made it really difficult for the initial entry pass to the high post to either Warren or Dickson. Just going back door once or twice would have loosened them up but CU just moved farther out to catch the pass and it threw off all the timing.
Harvard blew up a lot of the dribble hand-off action and just got Cornell out of sync.

Dickson has shown some promise but having him 25 feet from the basketball and asking him to thread the needle on a bounce pass vs. a very athletic big is not a good look.

Harvard’s offense is fun to watch, Cornell’s not so much.

As someone posted before, Knapp has had a good season but Harvard had seen enough film to know that he takes one dribble and shoots. Harvard blocked 2-3 of his shots just anticipating the pull-up. He just couldn’t get much going.

It would be great if they could get a split this weekend but it will be tough.

Naismith 
Sophomore

Loc: RI
Reg: 11-11-18
03-01-20 09:00 PM - Post#302624    
    In response to FlareScreen

Harvard’s offense is fun to watch, Cornell’s not so much.?????

Harvard failed to score a FG in final 11:30 of the game.

FLBB 
Freshman

03-01-20 09:42 PM - Post#302633    

• FlareScreen Said:

I attended the Harvard game and Amaker really outcoached Earl. Harvard had them scouted and took away most everything they like to do.

Harvard made it really difficult for the initial entry pass to the high post to either Warren or Dickson.

Cornell had great success vs. Yale last weekend using the high post as a passer so it makes sense that Harvard took that away. Amaker was smart to do so, but as far as "out coach', it easy to do so when you have significantly more talent than your opponent. Cornell does not have one player who would be in Harvard's top 8.

HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

03-01-20 09:44 PM - Post#302635    
    In response to FLBB

Again, McBride and Boeheim can play for us. They'd compete with starter Haskett and 7th man Djuricic.

FLBB 
Freshman

03-01-20 10:17 PM - Post#302640    

OK , I will give you that, they could be role players, so would you agree that you still have 4-5 players better than Cornell's best player on the floor last night since Boeheim didn't play?

FlareScreen 
Freshman

Reg: 08-09-19
03-02-20 01:03 PM - Post#302684    
    In response to Naismith

• Naismith Said:

Fair point, Harvard did not score from the field but made 14 FT in that time frame. IMO, Harvard plays a fun to watch style of basketball, push the ball when they can, spreads the floor, drive and kick to open shooters. They weren’t very productive the last 11 minutes but they play an entertaining style, I will take their system over Cornell’s any day.

PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
03-02-20 06:24 PM - Post#302754    

• FlareScreen Said:
  • Naismith Said:

Fair point, Harvard did not score from the field but made 14 FT in that time frame. IMO, Harvard plays a fun to watch style of basketball, push the ball when they can, spreads the floor, drive and kick to open shooters. They weren’t very productive the last 11 minutes but they play an entertaining style, I will take their system over Cornell’s any day.

You need to get out more!

mountainred 
Masters Student

03-04-20 09:43 AM - Post#302933    

• HARVARDDADGRAD Said:
Again, McBride and Boeheim can play for us. They'd compete with starter Haskett and 7th man Djuricic.

I've been on the McBride bandwagon all season, so let's agree that Terrence plays for Harvard even though he's probably more a compbo guard than point. Boeheim has his skills, but I don't think he beats out Djuricic, so he's fighting Forbes to be the 9th man.

That's just depressing.

HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

03-04-20 10:02 AM - Post#302937    
    In response to mountainred

Maybe Boeheim seems more attractive from a distance. I really like Danillo and hope he thrives next year. At the moment, he seems to be struggling in Ivy League play, scoring in double digits only twice and currently with only 19 points in 5 games. He’s a real team player who generally scores on back cuts and put backs, both of which have been less frequently available lately.

mountainred 
Masters Student

03-04-20 04:03 PM - Post#303006    

• HARVARDDADGRAD Said:
Maybe Boeheim seems more attractive from a distance. I really like Danillo and hope he thrives next year. At the moment, he seems to be struggling in Ivy League play, scoring in double digits only twice and currently with only 19 points in 5 games. He’s a real team player who generally scores on back cuts and put backs, both of which have been less frequently available lately.

Don't get me wrong, I like Jimmy. He has a good basketball IQ, works hard and has a nice shooting touch. But he's not that efficient on offense and he's not a natural defender or rebounder. Just doesn't seem like a fit for what Harvard does, but I don't follow you guys that closely.

BTW, hope you enjoyed the Finger Lakes. It's really amazing in the summer.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.234 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:18 PM