Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: lafayette reactions?        (Topic#2449)
ericatbucknell 
PhD Student
ericatbucknell
Reg: 01-22-06
02-16-06 01:02 AM - Post#15578    

it wasnt terribly easy and wasnt terribly pretty... but patriot league history was made nonetheless.

chris looked good early in the second half when we put the game way. kevin played a solid game. charles and donald continued to impress. it didnt seem like their heads were totally in the game but, that considered, i am pleased. in fact, i am actually feeling better about saturday now.
The Bracket Bustin' Bison are Back!

Okay. First round streak BACK ON!

Anonymous 

Re: lafayette reactions?
02-16-06 01:05 AM - Post#15579    
    In response to ericatbucknell

They didn't bring their A game and still won by 20 in a trap game, so I'll take it.

Anonymous 

02-16-06 01:19 AM - Post#15580    
    In response to

I thought the Lafayette Zoo Crew chanting "How about football" was hilarious.

BUFan 
PhD Student
BUFan
Reg: 01-24-06
02-16-06 04:17 AM - Post#15581    
    In response to

I thought the Zoo Crew (and I use Crew lightly, b\c it was about 20 people strong) chanting "overrated" after taking a 2-0 lead was more hilarious. They shut up in a hurry...

SQUEEGE 

Reg: 01-25-06
02-16-06 04:45 AM - Post#15582    
    In response to BUFan

The Zoo Crew is pretty much made up of just the football team. It has really died down over the past few years. How stupid and annoying is that moron who waves the flag at Lafayette games. Chris C. commented on how he shouldn't be on the floor while BU's cheerleader's are performing. He also dangles the flag into opposing team's huddles during TOs. How can LC athletics allow this kid to make the College look like even more of a joke, waving that stupid thing around out there?

BUFan 
PhD Student
BUFan
Reg: 01-24-06
02-16-06 04:54 AM - Post#15583    
    In response to SQUEEGE

The flag man almost knocked one of our cheerleaders down while she was being lifted up. Not to mention, the guy was waving the flag around like an genius with Lafayette down 20.

Hoop Time 
Sophomore
Hoop Time
Reg: 01-23-06
02-16-06 02:04 PM - Post#15584    
    In response to BUFan

I would agree the flag guy is a joke. He comes out way too often and it was not just against Bucknell. He was the same way during the Holy Cross game last week.

I didn't notice him dangling the flag in the huddle during TOs ... I am pretty sure that would have been stopped in a hurry, if not by LC's athletics folks, then by the opposing team.

Also, in fairness to Lafayette's athletic dept. folks, it is not like this has been a problem in other games. Opposing cheerleaders don't usually travel for PL games, other than the tournament. Usually the guy is just kind of a harmless buffoon who plays to his buddies in the zoo crew. I just think the poor kid has never been to enough D-1 gyms to understand the whole flag protocol.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.146 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:19 PM