Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Men’s Lacrosse        (Topic#25217)
HuskyColonial 
PhD Student

Reg: 02-17-12
04-17-21 04:54 PM - Post#323279    

I was under the impression that men’s lacrosse was a competitive program with recent ranked appearances.

What’s happened? They’re being blown out this year.

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
Re: Men’s Lacrosse
04-17-21 07:38 PM - Post#323284    
    In response to HuskyColonial

• HuskyColonial Said:
I was under the impression that men’s lacrosse was a competitive program with recent ranked appearances.

What’s happened? They’re being blown out this year.

Like a number of Bucknell sports programs, they have been destroyed by the administration‘s dislike of athletics. For example, men’s lacrosse and men’s soccer have exactly 0 athletic scholarships. Every other team in the league has a significant number, with many of them having as many as 12. Also many opponents this year, and in future years, will have a number of 5th year players. Bucknell does not allow that. All in all, it is an extremely unlevel playing field and only getting worse. Lacrosse has managed to be competitive for years mostly due to the quality of its coaching. But it’s getting increasingly more difficult. The sad thing is that soccer and lacrosse could easily raise huge amounts of money from alums to fund scholarships, but the administration will not allow that.

Those are some of the reasons why I give a lot less to Bucknell in general, and steer most of my donations to athletics.

HuskyColonial 
PhD Student

Reg: 02-17-12
04-17-21 08:01 PM - Post#323286    
    In response to Bison137

Thank you. It’s a good thing wrestling is in good footing follow it’s intervention.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.135 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:25 AM