Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: General Reaction        (Topic#2541)
Bison22 
goober

Reg: 01-23-06
02-23-06 02:38 PM - Post#16186    

1) The officials in the Patriot League need to be stopped. Fire them all and start over. Absolutely hideous on both sides.

2) 8 players will still always beat 2 or 3. Neptune had a solid game, although he struggeled defensively. White showed some nice touch, and even Anderson had a nice bucket. But there was no question that in the second half...this was once again a 2 player team. Olivero and Knight simply can't beat teams that run a solid 8 deep. Some players stepped up big for Bucknell last night....when is the last time Lehigh could say the same for their team.

3) Billy Taylor needs to lose more graciously. After 45 seconds of fouling and prayers....everything goin in Lehigh's favor down the stretch...they were still down by nine. Tell your team to sit back and get ready for HC.

4) Lehigh did a good job of using Bucknell's aggression on Defense to their advantage. They were getting to the bucket, collapsing the Bucknell D and kicking out for open 3s. Most open looks I've seen Bucknell give up this year.

5) Maybe the biggest bust this league has seen in years is Jason Mgbroff. He and McNaughton were neck and neck their freshman years. McNaughton became a force....Mgbroff became fat. He doesn't appear to have any ability besides taking up space and pushing bodies around. Absolute bust!! If he turned into 3/4 of McNaughton...this Lehigh team would be much more dangerous.

6)There is a reason Bucknell has now won 30 of 32 at home and 22 straight PL games at home. They showed it last night. Don't expect to see anyone but the Bison winning the tournament.

atlantabison 
PhD Student

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Reg: 01-25-06
Re: General Reaction
02-23-06 02:45 PM - Post#16187    
    In response to Bison22

Comment on #3 - Not quitting and trying to pull out all stops to get a win is not a sign of lack of grace. I envy their tenacity at the end of games and their never give up attitude. That pulled things very close on Jan 25 and has them feeling like they can sometimes steal a win. I see this just the opposite, as a positive character trait.

BTW I couldn't agree more with any of the other 5 observations.
Ray Bucknell!

Bison22 
goober

Reg: 01-23-06
02-23-06 03:10 PM - Post#16188    
    In response to atlantabison

I see your point on that....maybe I should re-phrase.

Down by 14 with a minute and a half left is one thing. But Kyle Neptune's foul down 10 with 14 seconds left...not needed. I don't blame Neptune there, I think the coach has to pull the player's off. (Not to mention they let BU dribble around for 10 seconds and then fouled...seemed pointless). I don't have a big problem with it...it's just one of those things that annoy me as a game dwindles down under 20 seconds, and is a double digit margin.

Andy 

Reg: 02-22-06
02-23-06 03:45 PM - Post#16189    
    In response to Bison22

Another comment on #3... I think you're spot-on. Taylor is bush-league in my opinion. Not quitting is one thing. Fouling excessively when your team has zero chance of coming back at the end of the game just shows a lack of class.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.149 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:58 PM