Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Seton Hall        (Topic#25600)
iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
11-14-21 04:26 PM - Post#328441    

Well, that could've gone better.

The one positive takeaway is that just about every team (especially every young team) is gonna have one of these games, and you have to learn what to do when nothing goes right. At least it happened during what was, regardless, a good game for Seton Hall.

We'll see how they respond.

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
11-14-21 08:39 PM - Post#328498    
    In response to iogyhufi

Seton hall is really good.

iogyhufi 
Masters Student

11-15-21 12:23 AM - Post#328573    
    In response to Old Bear

Yeah, I have to agree. They've got elite length and a lot of dangerous scorers. Hard to be too upset about losing, but the part that's a little disappointing is the way it happened. Yale panicked and let themselves be goaded into early, bad shots. Vince Lombardi once said that you learn a line from victory and a page from defeat, and I trust that they'll learn a lot from this. There are some tough but beatable teams coming up (Vermont, Southern Utah will contend for a conference title, Iona), so I hope this helps the Bulldogs prepare themselves for those games, which are the ones that you really want to have.

SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
11-15-21 09:17 PM - Post#328596    
    In response to iogyhufi

I didn't see the game, but your description is a bit surprising. One thing Jones's teams have had in the last few years is composure. Of course, they've also had a lot of talented bigs, so maybe that's the difference.

iogyhufi 
Masters Student

11-15-21 10:30 PM - Post#328603    
    In response to SRP

I don't think it's any kind of trend - I suspect that they'll pull it together. Put another way, I don't think that this is an undisciplined team, but they had spells during the game where they didn't play with the sort of discipline that Coach Jones asks from his team. Like I said, I suspect they'll work that kink out as they go along.

james 
Masters Student

Reg: 03-18-19
11-17-21 11:23 AM - Post#328717    
    In response to iogyhufi

0 surprise with the stat sheet in hand.

But as noted bad matchup unless you hit every reasonable 3 ball and obv confidence begets confidence or vice versa

Until you get more big depth the Ike obiagus of the world are problems . Even then
Ironically he has realized none of his potential since leaving greenforest/fsu. But he has gotten bigger and stronger. Exceptional athlete.

It was a bad matchup for yale as noted. And seton hall beats Michigan on the road

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.169 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:28 AM