Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Lehigh        (Topic#25692)
iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
12-02-21 11:58 AM - Post#330432    

Almost a carbon copy of the performance against Stony Brook (save that it never got quite so bad). Yale comes out of the blocks in the first half looking like the Washington Generals and out of the blocks in the second half looking like the Harlem Globetrotters.

Jalen Gabbidon scored 22 (!) points in the second half. I'd be thrilled if this were a sign of things to come; Yale really needs a consistent second weapon on offense in order to give defenses hard choices to make.

iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
Re: Lehigh
12-02-21 04:43 PM - Post#330454    
    In response to iogyhufi

I think I've mentioned this before, but Will McCormack (the YDN beat writer for the men's basketball team) does really sterling work across the board. I ran across his write-up of last night's game and it's good as usual: https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2021/12/02/mens- bas...

My personal favorite quote (featuring a classic Jonesism): "'We’re not playing as well as we’re capable,' head coach James Jones said after the game. 'We put up 57 points in the second half, and [in the] first half we were just really poor. I thought we were trying to put ten pounds of poop in a five-pound bag, squeezing it too tight, trying to do too much as opposed to just playing basketball.'"

SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
12-02-21 11:27 PM - Post#330470    
    In response to iogyhufi

Given how composed recent Yale teams have seemed, that does sound like something Jones would say.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.344 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:48 AM