Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Rotations        (Topic#25713)
Greenhorn 
Senior

Reg: 11-24-04
12-06-21 02:58 PM - Post#330747    

Wes Slachert was a get for Dartmouth three years ago. He was, according to Verbal Commits, a rare 3-star recruit for the Green. But he has not lived up to that potential, and seems to be regressing. He is starting every game, playing a fair amount, and averaging 1.7 points a contest. He is shooting 23% from the floor, and 18% from three point range, and is not a factor on the glass.

For his sake and the team's (and the fans), I really hope he breaks out one night and then goes on a run. But I can't help but wonder if the Green would be better served by giving his minutes to one of their many young guards.

Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
Re: otations
12-06-21 04:34 PM - Post#330759    
    In response to Greenhorn

• Greenhorn Said:

For his sake and the team's (and the fans), I really hope he breaks out one night and then goes on a run. But I can't help but wonder if the Green would be better served by giving his minutes to one of their many young guards.

I'm sure everyone would be happy if Wes gets a big game.

That said, I think Dartmouth is in "win now" mode with Barry and Rai playing in their last year of eligibility. We've never qualified for the Ivy tournament and with several traditional powers looking vulnerable, this could be our best chance to do so.

If the younger guys can help us win, then great! Play them. But I don't think this is the year to be playing for the future...

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.398 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:14 AM