Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Halftime of Nova-UConn        (Topic#2573)
BUFan 
PhD Student
BUFan
Reg: 01-24-06
02-26-06 07:12 PM - Post#16395    

Was anyone just watching the halftime of the Nova-UConn game? I had the game on mute while I was listening to the end of HC-Lehigh. But when I looked up at the TV, Littlepage (Head of the selection committee) was on and they were showing Bucknell highlights, suggesting he was commenting on our at-large chances. I unmuted the TV too late to hear what he said about us. If anyone happened to have that on, can you please fill me in on what he said. I know he had a positive take during an interview with Andy Katz...

SteelCity 
Junior
SteelCity
Reg: 02-04-06
Re: Halftime of Nova-UConn
02-26-06 07:25 PM - Post#16396    
    In response to BUFan

They were showing BU/UNI highlights, but they never specifially talked about any teams. The questions were more geared towards whether he thought that there would be more mid-majors in this year. Also they asked if there were a ninth team from the Big East going against a mid-major with a similar record, would they hold being the 9th team from the Big East against them. Littlepage was very non-commital in everything he said. They would evaluate teams on their portfolio, not on what conference they play in. He said that there were probably 20 locks for the at large bids, so there are still quite a few up for grabs. Bucknell was never mentioned by name either in a question or a response.

BUFan 
PhD Student
BUFan
Reg: 01-24-06
Re: Halftime of Nova-UConn
02-26-06 08:03 PM - Post#16397    
    In response to SteelCity

Thank you, SteelCity.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.19 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:23 AM