Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: Boston U Game        (Topic#25794)
HuskyColonial 
PhD Student

Reg: 02-17-12
01-01-22 07:08 PM - Post#332070    
    In response to Bison137

Nathan Davis needs to go. That’s not up for debate. His contract is up soon. If the administration renews it, that would be a travesty.

bisonmania 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-26-07
01-01-22 08:38 PM - Post#332075    
    In response to HuskyColonial

I read a message or 2 with reference to Pat Flannery. I am not sure how closely he follows the Bison. He no longer lives in Lewisburg. But I agree he can not be happy and especially since Davis was on his coaching staff.

JVBison 
Freshman

Reg: 04-03-19
01-02-22 09:30 AM - Post#332085    
    In response to MrPhillie

I watched pretty much the whole game and I did see improvement. We fought hard for 40 minutes. BU has several very skilled players, we played on the road, and it came down to the final shot. I did think the playcall was suspect, I think we could have done better than a Funk isolation. Funk played great driving to the basket under control and is one of the top players in the league. This is a development year. The non league games were for figuring out the rotation. Now we have to win games. I am hoping for a better than .500 record in the league and I believe that is very attainable. The real problem with the program is in recruiting. The current freshman class is pretty good, prior years were not, and I see very little in the incoming class, so that is where I think Davis is vulnerable, and the next step may be to shake up his staff to improve recruiting. Meanwhile I am going to try to look for the positives.

bison63 
Postdoc

Reg: 01-23-06
01-02-22 01:56 PM - Post#332106    
    In response to JVBison

Actually, a two point road loss to the pre- season conference favorite is not imo cause to proclaim that the sky is falling. And I will leave others more knowledgeable than me to pass judgement on the recruiting. Unfortunately, the real fly in the ointment as far as I can tell is the new transfer rule. Would we be a better team this year with the undergraduate players we’ve lost over the past two years to transfer? To say nothing of the 5 th year players. Of course we would.

What is to keep an Andre Screen at Bucknell for two more years? Unfortunately the NCAA has created a situation that turns schools like Bucknell in to minor league teams for the power 6 conferences. Given todays rules, how long would CJand Muscala remained in the PL? Bucknell further handicaps itself with its negative policy towards 5th year players. This new transfer situation is a dagger to the heart for schools like Bucknell, and frankly I don’t see a solution. In the past our key to success was finding players that the power conference coaches missed for whatever reason. In the case of CJ and Mike that reason was their late development. Now the transfer situation gives the power guys a second chance at such players. This is not a problem that is going to go away.

nh2032 
Sophomore

Reg: 02-28-06
01-02-22 08:03 PM - Post#332184    
    In response to bison63

• bison63 Said:
Actually, a two point road loss to the pre- season conference favorite is not imo cause to proclaim that the sky is falling. And I will leave others more knowledgeable than me to pass judgement on the recruiting. Unfortunately, the real fly in the ointment as far as I can tell is the new transfer rule. Would we be a better team this year with the undergraduate players we’ve lost over the past two years to transfer? To say nothing of the 5 th year players. Of course we would.

What is to keep an Andre Screen at Bucknell for two more years? Unfortunately the NCAA has created a situation that turns schools like Bucknell in to minor league teams for the power 6 conferences. Given todays rules, how long would CJand Muscala remained in the PL? Bucknell further handicaps itself with its negative policy towards 5th year players. This new transfer situation is a dagger to the heart for schools like Bucknell, and frankly I don’t see a solution. In the past our key to success was finding players that the power conference coaches missed for whatever reason. In the case of CJ and Mike that reason was their late development. Now the transfer situation gives the power guys a second chance at such players. This is not a problem that is going to go away.

Be careful, you aren't allowed to suggest the problem might be anything bigger than Davis around here. But I agree, why would a star caliber player not take the extra year and earning potential at school's with that infrastructure and increased reach. For whatever it's worth Sotos is estimated to be making $100K+ from social media while barely playing at OSU - you can extrapolate what the actual top tier looks like.

Unless this board is going to rally local businesses to start lining up NIL deals or lobbying for wholesale changes in how transfers and grad students get handled the future looks extremely challenging regardless of the coach.

BisonRoadWarrior 
Professor
BisonRoadWarrior
Loc: Where the Bison Roam
Reg: 08-16-06
01-03-22 01:19 AM - Post#332205    
    In response to nh2032

What’s the source for the Sotos $100,000 income claim?

nh2032 
Sophomore

Reg: 02-28-06
01-03-22 08:27 AM - Post#332206    
    In response to BisonRoadWarrior

• BisonRoadWarrior Said:
What’s the source for the Sotos $100,000 income claim?

Let me Google that for you

Lots of different calculations out there. Many articles are only quoting money that's direct from TikTok, not sponsored posts / ads. Then add in cameos at $50 a pop, merch and who knows what else.

Would be truly interested what quote you'd get if you contacted his NIL management company about advertising for your blog.

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.285 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:01 AM