Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: Army Game        (Topic#25811)
Scotty-14 
Sophomore

Reg: 10-10-18
01-04-22 11:43 PM - Post#332343    
    In response to The Psycho of Sojka

Very strange how when we play elite defense (Siena, Boston etc), we can't score, but when we shoot lights out and look like a Mid Major power on Offense, we guard like Grinnell College. Can't even predict an Over/Under with this team

HuskyColonial 
PhD Student

Reg: 02-17-12
01-05-22 12:09 AM - Post#332347    
    In response to Scotty-14

I think the Shamokin Dam Golden Carrol would miss Davis too much and is doubtless arguing for the administration to extend him. of value on that buffet but coach gets the best cuts and with fresh rolls. You might pay a little bit more for medium rare but if you’re the coach of the Bison, you’ll get the best filets and at a deep discount.

It’s ridiculous this man hasn’t been terminated. I cannot believe the apathy.

Bison54 
PhD Student
Bison54
Reg: 11-18-09
01-05-22 12:27 AM - Post#332348    
    In response to HuskyColonial

"Learn the motion offense, ball screen series and sets that Nathan Davis runs at Bucknell!

Create quick scoring opportunities in transition that will help your team rack up more points
Utilize a 5-man motion with interchangeable post players to spread out the defense with multiple scoring options
See how to add ball screens into your offense that put pressure on the opponent Creating a high-octane offense that also has the ability to milk the clock if easy baskets aren't possible isn't an easy task. However, Nathan Davis has accomplished this and demonstrates exactly how you can run the floor, flow into a 5-man motion offense with multiple actions to create scoring opportunities, and utilize a variety of ball screen actions."
I have to get this video!!!!! It costs less than three game tickets at Sojka!!

Paulie777 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-11-07
01-05-22 12:45 AM - Post#332349    
    In response to Bison54

I cant sleep. All I can see are layups. Im trying to count sheep but the sheep are turning into basketballs and falling into the hoop.

JVBison 
Freshman

Reg: 04-03-19
01-05-22 07:41 AM - Post#332350    
    In response to Paulie777

That probably was the worst defensive performance I have seen from Bucknell ever. Their guards physically dominated and drove to the basket at will. We played well at the start of the first half but went totally flat when second team was substituted. Perimeter ball pressure was nonexistent making the interior defense look bad also. Its just great that we don't play any kind of pressure zone and have no way to reverse the momentum of our opponent defensively. Its been a long time since I graduated from Bucknell so had to look up the word sycophant and I did not know what obsequious means either but I don't think it applies anyway. Positives Van der Heidjen showed what he is capable of, Andre Screen looks healthy, Andrew Funk is doing all that he can. But a good team is built on defense so that has to change...and quickly.

bisonmania 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-26-07
01-05-22 03:05 PM - Post#332358    
    In response to JVBison

I wonder what the +/- numbers would look like on this team as far as scoring and scored against. While some say so and so had a good game by scoring (EX. 25PTS) how many did he give up. I wish college basketball did this much like the NBA does.

JPM 
Masters Student
JPM
Reg: 05-20-08
Army Game
01-05-22 03:44 PM - Post#332360    
    In response to Scotty-14

• Scotty-14 Said:
Very strange how when we play elite defense (Siena, Boston etc), we can't score, but when we shoot lights out and look like a Mid Major power on Offense, we guard like Grinnell College. Can't even predict an Over/Under with this team

As an old D-3 player, I love the Grinnell reference!!

Based on the lack of defense displayed by Bucknell last night against Army, it unfortunately appears that the defensive aspects of "The System" are alive and well in Lewisburg.

Edited by JPM on 01-05-22 03:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DoCtoR62 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-18-08
Army Game
01-06-22 07:16 AM - Post#332381    
    In response to bisonmania

• bisonmania Said:
I wonder what the +/- numbers would look like on this team as far as scoring and scored against. While some say so and so had a good game by scoring (EX. 25PTS) how many did he give up. I wish college basketball did this much like the NBA does.

The official NCAA boxscore does include +/-. It appears many schools have not updated their websites to incorporate the format. An example is the Penn State @ Northwestern box. https://gopsusports.com/documents/2022/1/5/19 84716...

Edited by DoCtoR62 on 01-06-22 07:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.848 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:58 AM