Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Where Are You Going? BU Assistant Edition        (Topic#2592)
Husky - Bison 
maximus

Reg: 01-24-06
03-01-06 01:23 PM - Post#16551    

I want to mention how much I appreciated this article and add some comments.

As a proud Bloomsburg Alumni, Class of 99', and lifelong fan of both Bucknell and Bloomsburg, I wanted to comment on thsi article. I grew up outside of Lewisburg and lived in Davis Gym watching the Josephs, Butts, Brights, Courtneys' and Holdens. For me, Coach Conrad represented a bridge between the two program and I was genuinely excited about his hire. He replaced a Bloomsburg legend in Charlie Chronister, a good man and solid X and O coach. And I agree he got screwed.

Bloomsburg is a tough sell in hoops. The culture is simply not there and the PSAC is not a power in hoops like they are in D2 football. (I still contend Bloomsburg football beats Bucknell in any given year they would play). Nelson Field House is located some distance away from the campus making student involvement minimal. The facility is a 1973 barn.

Coach Conrad deserved the opportunity to get at least two more recruiting classes in there before he was bounced. And, I personally think that as a proud Bloomsburg alum who returned to coach his school, he should have been extended the benefit of the doubt. I can honestly say, that with what he inherited, Coach Flannery would not have fared much better after three years.

Good Luck Coach Conrad.

Lastly, the DE-press-ED Enterprise is a joke rag. The whole concept of someone paying to read that paper online is laughable.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.999 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:13 PM