Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Princeton II        (Topic#26049)
iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
02-19-22 12:16 AM - Post#336841    

And now for something completely different. Princeton is similar to Penn in that they're both susceptible to straight-line drives and are vulnerable underneath, so we can probably expect more of the same from Yale offensively. The emergence of EJ Jarvis adds another dimension on both sides of the ball, and one that will be interesting to follow tomorrow. Hopefully, Yale doesn't rest back on their heels after the big win tonight and goes after Princeton just as hard. A win here secures the tiebreaker for Yale over Princeton and Penn and puts them two ahead in the loss column with @Dartmouth, @Cornell, and Brown left to play - a near lock for the 1 seed. The 1 seed is likely to be especially huge this year, because the recipient gets to avoid the other two title contenders until the final.

SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
02-19-22 02:51 AM - Post#336846    
    In response to iogyhufi

Nervous-making game for Tiger fans, but the team has been playing noticeably better D against drives, getting just enough weak-side help to turn layups into short jumpers much of the time, and improved individual on-ball D from Wright and Lomborg. It's going to take some hot shooting and continued good rebounding though, to win this one.

iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
02-19-22 10:03 PM - Post#336995    
    In response to SRP

Not the sharpest game ever for the Bulldogs. Some sloppy defense early on let Princeton get hot, and the offense in the second half was lazy and lacking. The officiating was absolutely BUH-RUTAL (as is traditional for Ivy League Saturdays), but Yale just didn't play well enough to make up for it. Perhaps a good learning experience, and if it buys a win in March, I'm fine with it.

gokinsmen 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-06-10
Princeton II
02-19-22 10:30 PM - Post#337005    
    In response to iogyhufi

As SRP said, our guys have been MUCH better defensively the past 2 (now 3) games. We relapsed at the end of the 1st half, but found our good habits again in the 2nd half. That and our 3s falling won us the game.

Also, I can't ignore the fact that Yale had a much tougher game on Friday than we did. I think you guys just ran out of gas. Tosan had a sore shoulder, but he only played 24 minutes last night. So there was just enough left in his tank.

TigerFan 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-21-04
02-20-22 08:21 PM - Post#337116    
    In response to iogyhufi

The referees were extremely inconsistent last night, looking past rough bumping at some points and calling little stuff at others. It looked like equal opportunity brutality to me, though.

penn nation 
Professor

Reg: 12-02-04
02-20-22 08:37 PM - Post#337119    
    In response to TigerFan

• TigerFan Said:
The referees were extremely inconsistent last night, looking past rough bumping at some points and calling little stuff at others. It looked like equal opportunity brutality to me, though.

That's how I saw it as well, although some other Tiger observers on this site viewed matters through orange tinted glasses.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.141 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:20 AM