Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Finishing strong!        (Topic#26083)
Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
02-26-22 06:34 PM - Post#337692    

Dartmouth men seniors go out on a high note at home, convincingly beating a short-handed Penn. Again, we can only wonder how the season would have went had we won a few more of those nail-biters....

And my fifth graders close the regular season with a win as well. My kid led all scorers with six points. The highlight was when we were up 14-13 with 10 seconds to go, and she gets a defensive rebound. The other team fouls her, sending her to the line for a one-and-one.

She misses. But the other team neglects to advance for the rebound, so my kid just picks up the ball and shoots it in for an easy 2 points. We win 16-13.

Funny thing was that I was told by other parents that the opposing coach was giving his players a hard time for not knowing that the ball was live after a one-and-one front miss. When I heard that, I thought "well, whose fault is that?"

So we finish the regular season 6-1. Apparently, the team that beat us got upset by somebody else. So going by Ivy League rules, we're regular season co-champions!! But I'm sure that the other team will get the top seed in the playoffs next week because they won the head-on game. Not that it matters too much, as I think them and us are the two best teams who should end up in the final game. Wish us luck!!

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
02-26-22 10:04 PM - Post#337714    
    In response to Go Green

Thanks for the recap. I couldn’t find the score on the Internet.

Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
Finishing strong!
02-26-22 11:09 PM - Post#337718    
    In response to Old Bear

• Old Bear Said:
Thanks for the recap. I couldn’t find the score on the Internet.

I would not be shocked if such scores were accessible on the internet within the next 10 years...

And funny thing was that another parent videoed the last free throw I described and sent it to me. Not only did my kid go after the ball after she missed the free throw, but so did my own other players. It was the girls on the other team that stood there like statues after the miss.

Edited by Go Green on 02-26-22 11:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.331 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:18 AM