Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Username Post: Football: Yes, they are playing.        (Topic#26505)
res 
Masters Student

Reg: 03-21-06
11-19-22 06:00 PM - Post#346844    
    In response to bison63

• bison63 Said:
The comeback win against G-town needs to be acknowledged. Bison were down by 11 with 9 minutes to go and tied the game with a FG and a game tying td + 2 pt conversion with about :30 seconds to go. An OT FG and stout defense won it, setting the team up for a possible 2 game win streak to end the season with next Sat vs Marist.

You got your wish, '63. Nice comeback by the boys today. I wish I could say the last two weeks are something to build on, but I'm way too skeptical to go there.

Bison54 
PhD Student
Bison54
Reg: 11-18-09
12-02-22 03:25 PM - Post#347379    
    In response to res

Coach has released a statement saying the OC and Receivers coaches are being replaced. i feel good about the tone of this release, and am also encouraged by the reference to the transfer portal.

Doktore K 
Masters Student

Reg: 11-11-09
Re: Coach statement
12-03-22 09:51 AM - Post#347389    
    In response to Bison54

So what was his reference to the transfer portal? Interested to hear more specifics.

Anything else of interest? Need more offense and big play potential.

Bison54 
PhD Student
Bison54
12-03-22 10:27 AM - Post#347391    
    In response to Doktore K

Can't find the email to quote, but the essence was they had a good recruiting class but they still had spots and wer looking at the possibility of adding transfers who would have an immediate impact. Coupled with the coaching staff changes, it sounds like the offense is a priority. He did mention returning 11 starters on offense....

bison63 
Postdoc

Reg: 01-23-06
12-03-22 10:49 PM - Post#347442    
    In response to Bison54

Did I hear Doug Birdsong say something on one of the games that indicated Bucknell might be rethinking the 5th eligibility policy. It was in the context of Zander Rices last year of eligibility. Something to the effect of will he spend it playing for his Dad, or might he spend it at Bucknell. Can’t remember the quote, but something he said made me think they are thinking about it.

MrPhillie 
Postdoc
MrPhillie
Loc: NE PA
Reg: 07-14-08
12-04-22 12:27 AM - Post#347445    
    In response to bison63

Idk, but his dad could certainly use him at Monmouth. Then again, his dad may not be the coach next year based on how things are going there.

Bison54 
PhD Student
Bison54
12-04-22 06:42 PM - Post#347491    
    In response to Bison54

Here is the text from Coach Cecchini's email:

Bucknell Football Alumni, Family, and Friends,

I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. With the 2022 football season behind us, I thought it would be a good time to both reflect on the year we had, and look at what the future has in store for Bucknell Football.

To be certain, this season’s on-field results fell far below the expectations of our players, coaches, and football family. This is not to say that I am not proud of the effort of our team. I am extremely proud of how our players handled adversity and kept their dedication and determination despite an 0-6 start. To be able to finish the season 4th in the conference by winning three of our last five contests was a testament to the resilience of our football team, and a personification of our A.C.T. philosophy (Attitude, Character, and Toughness).

That being said, it is apparent that for us to achieve our full potential as a championship-caliber team, we need to improve offensively, so I decided to make coaching changes on the offensive side of the ball at both the offensive coordinator (and QB coach) and wide receiver positions. I will move quickly with interviews to fill both vacancies and provide you with an update when our staff is finalized.

As I look to next season, I am excited about our prospects for competing for a Patriot League Championship. Our 27 rising seniors are the largest and most experienced group in the Patriot League. All 11 starters return on offense, as do at least seven on defense. Additionally, we are examining the transfer portal for talented football players who can make an immediate impact on our program during the 2023 season while continuing to recruit talented high school prospective student-athletes, so that we are well-positioned to sustain our success into the future.

A major component to sustaining success is the level of investment into the program, and I am appreciative that so many of you have supported our program along with the University’s commitment to seeing our football program succeed. Through a combination of institutional support and donor giving, we have invested in increased summer access for players to train; more opportunities to recruit nationally; practice and in-game technologies; an enhanced strength and conditioning program; and the new facility improvements at the Pascucci Family Athletics Complex (videoboard, artificial practice fields, and the new team center).

The time is now for us to capitalize on this positive momentum. As we go forward, we need your support more than ever before. We must use this time to rally and fuel our passions to grow our football program’s profile. Together, we can ascend to the top of the Patriot League. And when we do, we plan on staying there!

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.225 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:02 AM