Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: UNH        (Topic#26808)
Ever True 
Junior

Reg: 02-02-15
12-21-22 08:20 PM - Post#348364    

About halfway through the first half and the two teams have combined for a whopping 12 points with Owusu-Anane about to shoot two from the free throw line. The post-exams rust is very much a thing for the Bears thus far.

Ever True 
Junior

12-21-22 08:49 PM - Post#348365    
    In response to Ever True

I should have specified that the rust is showing itself on the offensive end - New Hampshire scored six points in the last minute, and even with that burst, they finished with 19 points in the first half and trail by nine. The Bears have also held Clarence Daniels, America East's leading scorer, to 3 points.

Bruno's offense picked up towards the end of the half - Nana is having a nice game thus far and is leading the way with 10 points. Ndur is also bringing energy on both ends. He scored on a nice assist from Nana - wonder if we will see more of that pairing as Friday continues to deal with injuries. Have to imagine the Wildcats will be a little more profilic in the second half, so Brown will need to replicate the effort on the defensive end.

Ever True 
Junior

UNH
12-21-22 10:14 PM - Post#348373    
    In response to Ever True

Brown handles business in the second half to win 67-51. The Wildcats made more shots than they did in the first half, but never really got close to the Bears. This isn't a great UNH team, but it was a good post-finals performance nonetheless.

Yet another fantastic defensive effort from Bruno - the guys have clearly bought in on that end. Anytime you can hold the top scorer in a given conference to five points, you know you're doing something right. On offense, I liked the cutting and screening in the second half. Kino continues to do Kino things - I love the calmness that he brings, even as a second year. If Anya and Nana can replicate their offensive efforts from tonight in conference play, I think we will make life difficult for our opponents.

Edited by Ever True on 12-21-22 10:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
12-22-22 07:46 AM - Post#348378    
    In response to Ever True

It was also good to see the Bears hit 10 of 14 from the line for 71.4%, surpassing their average of .571%. It’s clear all are working hard to improve all facets of their games. For one night anyway, they also reduced their TO’s to 10 vs. an average of 13.6.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.367 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:43 PM