Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Haavad        (Topic#26856)
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
01-07-23 11:31 AM - Post#349083    

I guess we’re all too shell-shocked to warrant writing anything up on this one. Starting 0-2 at home is something we all knew could happen, but would be very surprised if it did happen.

Feel for these guys to play so hard and lose two like this. Last night they once again showed real grit getting both key buckets and some stops (unlike vs. Penn). I remind myself it’s a young team still.

Hard to point to any one thing outside of that 11-0 run. They went from in control and looking like they were going to cruise to all the momentum the other way and playing from behind.

Nice game from Pax and a good return from Friday. Nana and Kino each with a very clutch bucket.

LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Ever True 
Junior

Reg: 02-02-15
01-07-23 12:48 PM - Post#349089    
    In response to Bruno

Agree with you, Bruno, re: the grit and remembering that this team is young. Disappointing to not build on the lead down the stretch, but heartening to see that the team didn't hang their heads and fought back against a physical Harvard team. I continue to be impressed by Nana - that spin to the hoop to tie the game, on a play that looked not too dissimilar to the play where Tamenang Choh got the and-1 to beat the Crimson in 2020, deserved a more fitting ending.

Tough game for Lilly - guarded hard by Harvard all night and couldn't get his shot to go. Would like to see him become more of a distributor on nights like yesterday, but it's not as if he's surrounded by offensive weapons.

Doesn't get any easier for the Bears, as they welcome a Dartmouth team that must feel on top of the world after beating Yale in New Haven. I don't think that the Big Green will shoot 44% from beyond the arc on back-to-back nights, but Dame Adelekun is a beast and gave us fits when we lost to the Big Green in Hanover last season.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
01-07-23 01:55 PM - Post#349093    
    In response to Ever True

Dartmouth is formidable. They’ve beaten two teams better than Brown on the road. Enough said.

I noticed it to re Nana and the TChoh play. Same call.

The best part was they got a lot less from Kino and the offense did come from other places. I wasn’t sure that technology existed.

Also - can we get a call out for Nick Coit? I have always loved Cordischi, and adding Coit - who is such a pro - makes for a great tandem. Love listening to that guy. I will always be a Russ disciple but Coit is a different kind of color guy.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
01-07-23 05:14 PM - Post#349099    
    In response to Bruno

Yes, Bruno. Tough to absorb another hard-fought home loss. But, I’ll be back at the Pitz this evening to support the team, as I did for many years at Marvelous Marvel Gym. Some habits are hard to shake.

It was great to see Wojcik shoot the ball so well - 6-11 including 4 of 8 from three. It would certainly make the backcourt more dynamic if he can find the net more consistently and take some of the pressure of Lily’s shoulders. Time to show some senior leadership as the Ivy campaign ramps up. And he still contributed in other areas, as per usual, with 6 rebounds, 3 assists, and 1 steal.

Martin played Anya 36 minutes and he really responded with 5 of 10 from the field, along with 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 block, and he made only 1 turnover.

Harvard is a more experienced team, and they were able to exert their will on the game during crunch time, much like Penn did. The young Bears are learning through adversity. In this seemingly wide open Ivy League, I suspect they will have some big wins, as well.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.202 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:10 AM