Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Unofficial "Signing off" Thread        (Topic#26871)
pjm_hoops 
Sophomore

Reg: 02-14-06
01-12-23 11:33 AM - Post#349425    

There are a lot of embedded posts throughout the board from folks lamenting the current situation and discussing stepping back from season tickets, following the program, etc. Who would have thought 10 or even 5 years ago that would be a thing.

I figured we needed a place to combine those thoughts with the hopes that someone in the administration sees what the state of the program is doing to the fan base.

pjm_hoops 
Sophomore

Reg: 02-14-06
01-12-23 11:35 AM - Post#349426    
    In response to pjm_hoops

I'll start...

I have to say - I'm done with the athletic program as well. I used to make an almost annual pilgrimage to a home game, and usually catch the road games that were in my geographic area, post on this board from time to time, etc. Now that my kids have started college, I'm solely interested in their school's athletics instead of my alma mater. Combine that with the respective coaching staff's lack of responsiveness from both the basketball and football programs regarding my oldest's interest in participating in both programs for his college career, I have moved on.

On a more anecdotal note. I was a manager for the Breakin' Bison during my time at the school. My son is now a football player and basketball manager at a semi-local D3 school. Next Sunday, his school takes on Scranton, who as most of you know is coached by former Bison assistant Carl Danzig, who was in his first year in Lewisburg during my freshman year. My son has explicit instructions to introduce himself to Coach D before the game.

Here's to hoping the Breakin' Bison come full circle. Some day.

bison75 
Masters Student

Reg: 01-26-06
01-12-23 10:29 PM - Post#349470    
    In response to pjm_hoops

I’ll attend an occasional football game, especially if the weather’s nice and there’s a home men’s or women’s soccer game on the same day. It’s a pretty drive up the river from Harrisburg in the fall, and I still enjoy stopping in the bookstore and grabbing a pizza at La Casa de Pizza. As to basketball, I have women’s season tickets and donate to the women’s program. Can’t remember the last men’s game I attended.

mcapodee 
Sophomore

Reg: 01-29-06
01-13-23 10:46 AM - Post#349480    
    In response to bison75

I live 10 minutes from Lafayette's Kirby Fieldhouse/Fisher Field and work 15 minutes from Lehigh's Stabler/Goodman. I haven't really considered going to see any of our teams when they play locally since maybe 2019. Obviously there was the COVID season in there, but they haven't inspired me to return since.

HuskyColonial 
PhD Student

Reg: 02-17-12
01-13-23 11:20 AM - Post#349481    
    In response to mcapodee

Use to time my trips home from Florida around attending a Bison game and made an effort to watch them on television especially since ESPN+ is such an upgrade from the old PL TV. I don’t bother anymore. I have grown to enjoy watching the women’s team play and while down this season am excited about it the freshmen and sophomore classes. As for the men, I don’t care. They don’t and neither does the administration.

Paulie777 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-11-07
01-13-23 01:57 PM - Post#349484    
    In response to HuskyColonial

I was too young for the Harley-Danzig Era, and missed the Breakin' Bison, but was able to see McNaughten Muscala (McCollum) and the great teams of that time. I was very blessed, and enjoyed every minute of it. I still admire Timmerman's spirit and Rice's too and am always looking for a Bucknell Win. I still am a fan, but the Truax-Davis combination Isn't doing it for me. I hope things turn around and I really hope Bucknell basketball turns itself around. Time to punch the round trip ticket back to winning ways, before my one-way ticket lands.

res 
Masters Student

Reg: 03-21-06
01-13-23 08:16 PM - Post#349492    
    In response to Paulie777

"Truax-Davis-Bravman" combination.

FIFY

bison63 
Postdoc

Reg: 01-23-06
01-14-23 12:06 PM - Post#349504    
    In response to res

I used to look for a chance to get to L-burg from LI one or two times a season and watched every streamcast I could until recently. But now a definite case of “who cares-itis” has set in. Don’t think Hardt would have let this happen, even though ND was his hire. Truax is a complete cypher.

HuskyColonial 
PhD Student

Reg: 02-17-12
01-14-23 02:30 PM - Post#349507    
    In response to bison63

Truax was an excellent choice to chair the FCS selection committee though. Zero chance for a conflict of interest.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.508 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:58 PM