Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: rock bottom        (Topic#27065)
Jim 
Freshman

Reg: 11-28-18
02-24-23 06:18 PM - Post#352453    

I have not posted in a while, but have watched most games, some in person. It should be obvious that Davis and company have no business running this program. While at the Rutgers game I sat in the second row (behind Greg Schiano. As the game progressed and Rutgers big men were practicing for the NCAA slam dunk championship I was repeatedly questioned by Rutgers fans why Davis did nothing to deal with the inside picks that resulted in one slam after another. I responded that 1) He has no clue as to what to do, even if he was awake 2) Our bid men are so slow, they probably couldn't do anything anyway. It reminded me that just 6-7 years ago our talent would be at least competitive against Rutgers.
But is got worse against an undersized Lafayette team. The point is---Davis cannot coach at the D1 level, and cannot recruit at the D1 level. When I titled this post "rock bottom" that is really not correct----Next year will be worse. If the AD and administration can't see this, they should all be gone. PLEASE, PLEASE, GET MAKE A CHANGE.

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
02-24-23 06:25 PM - Post#352454    
    In response to Jim

Couldn’t agree more. I hope that everyone who cares will write emails in the next week to Jermaine Truax with a cc to Dr. Bravman.

MrPhillie 
Postdoc
MrPhillie
Loc: NE PA
Reg: 07-14-08
rock bottom
02-24-23 08:32 PM - Post#352461    
    In response to Bison137

Funny. I read Davis’ bio on the team website. It discusses in depth his first four seasons but nothing is mentioned after the 2018-19 season. What a false impression they try to create. Of the last four HC’s, Davis has the worst W-L %.

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
Re: rock bottom
02-24-23 10:20 PM - Post#352464    
    In response to MrPhillie

• MrPhillie Said:
Funny. I read Davis’ bio on the team website. It discusses in depth his first four seasons but nothing is mentioned after the 2018-19 season. What a false p. son. What a fslse impression they try to create. Of the last four HC’s, Davis has the worst W-L %.

What is even more relevant is that Nathan Davis has a 39-69 record since he has had all of his own recruits on board. It would be even worse if he hadn’t been given a really easy schedule during the shortened Covid season. Sadly, it is only going to get worse.

His first few recruiting classes were buoyed by the fact that they had had great records with the recruits that he inherited. Now he is trying to attract players into a program that is a sinking ship. With his personality and the staff that he has assembled, the chances of landing big recruiting classes is exactly zero.

To repeat, with his own recruits Nathan Davis has a 39–69 record. Imagine anyone thinking that would be anything other than an automatic cause for termination at a school that has been the top patriot league basketball school for a very long time!

bison75 
Masters Student

Reg: 01-26-06
02-25-23 10:10 AM - Post#352480    
    In response to Bison137

You mentioned the easy schedule during the Covid season, 137. The only reason our record this year isn’t even worse is because of the ridiculously easy OOC schedule. We’re actually counting the Lebanon Valley “game” as a win. I used to look forward to games against Syracuse, Wake Forest, Villanova, and other competitive teams every year. You have to admit that this year’s version was pretty soft in comparison.

MrPhillie 
Postdoc
MrPhillie
Loc: NE PA
Reg: 07-14-08
02-25-23 04:15 PM - Post#352504    
    In response to bison75

If Bucknell is intelligent in any way and truly care about the program, they will move quickly to announce a change in coaching. If an announcement is not made within a week of seasons end, they aren’t making a change, in my view.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.485 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:45 AM