Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: New WBB Coach        (Topic#27287)
Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
06-20-23 10:34 AM - Post#356864    
    In response to CM

Article on Cimino taking over the program--includes some discussion of the recruiting violations.

https://articles.vnews.com/linda-cimino-new-head -c...

rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
New WBB Coach
06-20-23 11:13 AM - Post#356866    
    In response to Go Green

Cimino certainly has D-1 head coaching experience and has worked her way up through the coaching ranks.

It'll be good if she can get some assistants with D-1 experience. Maybe someone who has spent time in the Ivies or Patriot League would also be helpful.

It seems that she should have known better about the contact with her former Binghamton players, but it also doesn't seem like a major issue that should keep her from being hired. I'm guessing (hoping) she learned her lesson from that experience.

Here's something recent from the Providence Journal:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/f rom-north...

- Cimino was entertaining a handful of her own options when a mutual connection put her in touch with Dartmouth. North Carolina coach Courtney Banghart is a Big Green alum and worked with Cimino on the board of the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association. Dartmouth athletic director Mike Harrity asked Banghart for some personal recommendations to aid the search firm employed to replace Adrienne Shibles and Cimino was the first name Banghart offered.

“I was in Spain at the time,” Cimino said. “He called me, we had a 30-minute conversation, and about three hours later, I had a Zoom with the search committee.”

Harrity and men’s basketball coach David McLaughlin have helped Cimino settle into her new professional home. Her personal life will be ironed out later in the summer — she’s currently living in a hotel near campus and commuting back to her Brooklyn apartment on the weekends. Multiple days at a time on the road recruiting lessen the immediate need for a permanent home base. -

- “I’ve always been able to do more with less, and I’m in a position now where I have more,” Cimino said. “I have resources. I have a world-class brand institution. I can wear just a letter on my chest and people know where I work and where I coach.” -

Edited by rbg on 06-20-23 11:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Go Green 
PhD Student

Re: New WBB Coach
06-20-23 12:57 PM - Post#356868    
    In response to rbg

• rbg Said:
she’s currently living in a hotel near campus and commuting back to her Brooklyn apartment on the weekends. Multiple days at a time on the road recruiting lessen the immediate need for a permanent home base. -

Well that explains why she wasn't in her office this weekend.

My twelve-year-old daughter (who loves basketball) and I were hoping to meet and welcome her to the program when we visited the basketball offices.

Go Green 
PhD Student

07-24-23 01:59 PM - Post#357370    
    In response to CM

• CM Said:

If Doreen Ariik can return to the team and be healthy I really believe she can be a difference maker.

Ariik is back on the roster.

https://dartmouthsports.com/sports/womens-basketb a...

CM 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-11-18
07-25-23 07:37 AM - Post#357386    
    In response to Go Green

Glad Ariik got back. She's an impact player out of the gate and could have helped them win games last year, for sure.

Greenhorn 
Senior

Reg: 11-24-04
09-04-23 05:31 PM - Post#357832    
    In response to CM

5'6" Anna Nelson from Maine, a rising soph who averaged 9.4 minutes per game for the Green last year, has transferred to D2 St. Anselm.

Go Green 
PhD Student

09-06-23 07:44 AM - Post#357840    
    In response to Greenhorn

• Greenhorn Said:
5'6" Anna Nelson from Maine, a rising soph who averaged 9.4 minutes per game for the Green last year, has transferred to D2 St. Anselm.

Best of luck to her.

Not to go all sour grapes, but that's probably where she should be playing. Like a lot of her fellow Shibles recruits, it appeared that Dartmouth was her only D-1 offer.

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.115 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:28 AM