Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Back from reunions!        (Topic#27317)
Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
06-19-23 11:15 AM - Post#356855    

Just returned from my 30th reunion! Had a blast, despite the lousy weather. It was my first trip to Hanover in a while...

I got a chance to see the new Wielgus lounge and it's nice! I also liked the posters celebrating our top players (men and women) throughout the decades.

But a big thumbs down on the trophy cases--particularly on the men's side. I don't mind them buying contrived trophies commemorating championships for the women as their titles were within reasonable not-too-distant history.

But buying some clearly modern trophies celebrating the "Eastern League Championship" titles the men won in the 1930 though 1940s? Come on. That plaque making a big deal of our CBI tournament game (which we lost)? Please. All that stuff does is accentuate the lack of success that the program has had for the past 50 years.

Dartmouth Football could have made a BFD of the Triangular League titles that we won (and there were a lot) from the late 1880s through the early 1900s. But we don't--because we have other more recent titles to celebrate. If we had a comparable record as the MBB program and built some trophy case and got a few custom made trophies celebrating our 1891-97 and 1908-14 championship years, we'd get laughed at. That's pretty much my reaction the MBB trophy case...

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.57 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:41 PM