Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: D3 game        (Topic#27516)
mountainred 
Masters Student

Loc: Charleston, WV
Reg: 04-11-10
11-08-23 10:44 AM - Post#358908    

Cornell's first D3 game is tonight. I noticed that school's write up lists new names as the commentators. For anyone who is in Ithaca, did I miss an announcement that Barry was retiring or moving on?

mountainred 
Masters Student

Loc: Charleston, WV
Reg: 04-11-10
11-08-23 09:57 PM - Post#358945    
    In response to mountainred

No one was hurt while the Cornell won comfortably 107-86 in a game that was played at the 20 point difference most of the night. Some random thoughts:

* The defense and ball security were troubling. Surrendering a point a possession and losing the turnover battle to an okay D3 school is a problem. The Mustangs got a lot of easy baskets.
* The only changes to the first ten guys were that Williams sat out, he's said to be day-to-day, and a bunch of minutes for Fr. Jacob Beccles -- who looked pretty good. Eccles might be a player.
* Max Watson sighting with 6-ish minutes left. Very late for a rotation guy from last year.
* New announcers were pretty mediocre. I know Barry was a homer and reliant on cliches, but it was funny hearing Chris Mannon described as a calming influence and hearing that Morrisville's D was the reason they were in the game after Cornell hung 60 on them at halftime. I think the pxp guy read one page pre-season write up on the team and figured he was ready.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.384 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:43 AM