Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Women v UC Riverside        (Topic#27623)
Greenhorn 
Senior

Reg: 11-24-04
12-04-23 04:45 PM - Post#360147    

Another brutal game. Final was Riverside 57 Dartmouth 38. The Green had 20 turnovers. Victoria Page was 0-9 from the floor in 30 minutes. Minicozzi played virtually the entire game and didn't take a single shot. They combined for zero points.

The "crowd" made it look like the game was being played during the pandemic. Those who stayed home didn't miss anything. The Green may pull off a win versus Lowell (currently 0-7) and they should win their other D3 matchup. But there's no reason for optimism otherwise.

CM 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-11-18
Re: Women v UC Riverside
12-04-23 05:25 PM - Post#360150    
    In response to Greenhorn

If we're being fair, I think this rebuild is going to take at least four years. The improvements will be in small increments during that period, I think, so measuring success should be measured in tiny bites. Like, for instance, Big Green is playing much better defense this year.

Ariik has been playing well (she led the team in assists today!), so we know coach Cimino can at least identify where the talents is. Imagine what Ariik could do if she had guards who understood how to get her the ball when she was open or could spreads the floor with good shooting.

But, I fear looking for Ws as a measurement of progress is not happening this year.

flinder 
Freshman

Reg: 11-16-16
12-04-23 11:29 PM - Post#360160    
    In response to CM

I agree with everything here. The rebuild will take time, but it's brutal to watch, which is probably why no one is bothering to attend. Hopefully, a better recruiting class generates more excitement?
It's interesting to me that this forum didn't find the men's last game--a competitive one against Albany--even worth mentioning. Anyone know why Brandon Mitchell-Day didn't play? I am so curious what's happened to Ryan Cornish; scrolling through the play-by-play on ESPN, it looks like he barely played in the 2nd half. Any signs of hope or life from anyone besides maybe Dusan on this team?

CM 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-11-18
12-05-23 07:45 AM - Post#360169    
    In response to flinder

Keep in mind school is out of session, so no students around to watch. And this game kicked off on weekday midday.

As for the men, yikes. Only win is over a D3 team.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.702 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:28 AM