Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Dartmouth        (Topic#27770)
Ever True 
Junior

Reg: 02-02-15
01-27-24 05:13 PM - Post#362261    

Just awful.

A Dartmouth team that had shot 27% from beyond the arc up to this point goes off for 12 3Pts on 60% shooting. Big Green outrebounded us 37-28 and grabbed 13 offensive rebounds, including the Brandon Mitchell-Day's rebound on the missed 3PT that led to Nana fouling out and the winning free throws.

I'm sure the season will have some more twists and turns, but feels hard to get excited for the games to come after that effort. There's just no world in which a team with as much talent as ours should be losing to a Dartmouth team missing arguably its two best scorers. You tip your cap to the Big Green for shooting the lights out and for their effort on the boards, but we led for 36 minutes and choked down the stretch.

Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
01-29-24 09:10 AM - Post#362345    
    In response to Ever True

I went ahead and checked out Brown's results.

Amazing how many close losses the Bears have had this season--several of which were against good teams.

Got to be frustrating...

As for Dartmouth, that's been our story for a few years. When our threes are dropping, we can play with most teams. When they are not, we can't.

For whatever reason, they were dropping against Brown. Sorry.

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
01-29-24 08:42 PM - Post#362363    
    In response to Go Green

GG, we accept your gracious apology. I believe Ever True (ET, phone home?) has adequately analyzed the sad game above. Let's hope the next Brown Dartmouth game has meaning for both.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.025 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:50 PM