Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Got that first victory!        (Topic#27773)
Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
01-27-24 05:57 PM - Post#362270    

Dartmouth MBB dug it self out of an early hole to beat Brown in Hanover.

It's the first league victory for Dartmouth from either program.

Cornish was on the bench with his left arm in a sling.

Greenhorn 
Senior

Reg: 11-24-04
01-27-24 07:45 PM - Post#362278    
    In response to Go Green

All right! I bet on the men, but thought it would take another week.

The women almost pulled one off themselves. Losing 35-31 to Brown. It was ugly. The Green shot 21 percent and 12 percent from distance.

flinder 
Freshman

Reg: 11-16-16
Got that first victory!
01-27-24 11:35 PM - Post#362296    
    In response to Greenhorn

Kind of crazy that five of the eight Ivy teams are 1-3 in league play right now. Cornell, Yale, and Princeton are the class of the league; do we actually stand a chance at fighting for that fourth and final spot in Ivy Madness? My spidey sense tells me that this remains not-the-year for the Big Green, but I'm glad we got that win today.

Any thoughts on why Dusan didn't start? (That's what I gleaned from ESPN's box score, anyway.)

(By the way, that stratification carries over to the women's standings, too. Every team has either 0 or 1 loss or 0 or 1 wins, except Penn, which is 2-3. I'm surprised that a 4-1 Brown team barely escaped our clutches today.)

CM 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-11-18
01-28-24 12:06 PM - Post#362308    
    In response to Greenhorn

The Brown v Dartmouth women's game was a complete gong show. 18-9 at the half.

Neither team looked remotely competent, with the ability to put the ball in the basket seemingly gone for both sides - Brown shot 2-27 from 3 and still won! Can't imagine either coach will take much from this game or even care to remember it.

flinder 
Freshman

Reg: 11-16-16
02-03-24 10:49 PM - Post#362719    
    In response to CM

Wish we'd picked up one of the two this weekend. An upset of Cornell might have fueled a closer game tonight.
I wish this team could more easily pick themselves up after a close upset and keep the momentum going the next night instead of issuing a desultory performance. (Looks like BMD had significant foul trouble vs. Columbia--5 fouls in 14 minutes?!)
But Cornell took care of business tonight against Harvard, a night after that roller-coaster victory over us--and now Dartmouth is on the road for its next three contests, including the dreaded Columbia-Cornell road trip, and we are winless away from Leede this season.
This is where we'll see if Dartmouth has some fight or if they decide they simply are who everyone predicted they'd be: last in the Ivies.

Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
02-05-24 10:00 AM - Post#362797    
    In response to flinder

There's actually a long Dartmouth history of our only showing up for one game for back-to-backs. Sometimes its a win, sometimes it's a close loss.

And then we totally lay an egg in the other game.

As I said earlier, I think that MBB has to win at least three league games to even consider sticking with McLaughlin going forward. But I really don't see where those other two victories are going to come from. Maybe we have another hot night from downtown?

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.319 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:10 AM