Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: Fan Duel ILT odds        (Topic#27964)
palestra38 
Professor

Reg: 11-21-04
03-18-24 08:14 PM - Post#365787    
    In response to james

We'll see, but I see Penn as having a total breakdown in confidence in the coach. It's sad, but something has to be done.

james 
Masters Student

Reg: 03-18-19
03-18-24 09:09 PM - Post#365798    
    In response to palestra38

read the ivyhoopsonline.com just posted. i cant tell if even knowing what i do know that should make me feel better abt yale and wolf, etc. or worse.

but the fact that he rips this website and appears to be locked out from commenting is kind of hilarious.

but he seems to be a rational penn alum and sadly our views collate reasonably well. this is what the disruption catalyst looks and feels like.

and this league and its alumni and supporter base in basketball is ill-prepared for the reality.

tyler perkins committed to steve donahue at penn. it changed a little. dingle left kind of late. tough year for a myriad of reasons.
he was underrecruited out of hs despite playing in the competitive IAC in the DMV.

he bails. its not good for anyone who cares abt the future of this conference

james 
Masters Student

03-18-24 09:12 PM - Post#365799    
    In response to james

and the only reason i would feel better is its the 2nd hard line (dire) view expressed in a form of media on the topic in 2 weeks.

upon further review its too early be a contrarian and especially for contrarian sake. will stick to my gut and the bad taste in my mouth when assessing the implications

palestra38 
Professor

Reg: 11-21-04
03-18-24 09:13 PM - Post#365800    
    In response to james

Luckily, Jura 12 year has allowed me to accept the reality of Penn's collapse without the kind of stress that would have overwhelmed me as a younger man.

james 
Masters Student

03-18-24 09:22 PM - Post#365803    
    In response to palestra38

for some reason having older kids who dont care abt my affiliations makes me feel it viscerally now.

i am not ready for d3 esp given the athletes we have now.
would be such a devastating cliff. and i am referring to yale and the league

james 
Masters Student

03-18-24 09:41 PM - Post#365809    
    In response to james

the most positive angle i just posited on x.

i want repeat it verbatim. but one should keep in mind that the only reason ivies have so many d1 sports is the massive and committed alumni base of said sports. this is why at yale when there are complaints as to the # of recruited athletes corrupting an applicant pool...the administration is silent.

because the ex athletes (this has been studied) are the most valuable alumni cohort in terms of giving back to the school at large. its why the programs are also endowed.

yale lacross is ahead of the curve bc of one massive donor. there are other programs at other schools i am told that are as well and will play this game if thats what it takes.

but for some reason basketball is not high on the pecking order. with too much free time (which i know is obvious) i have tried to push it but the wealthiest ex player i know who is still a rabid fan didnt know what NIL was one year ago.

this will take time. the question is do we have it

james 
Masters Student

03-18-24 09:55 PM - Post#365812    
    In response to james

i just saw the luke kolaja news.

its apparent that i am the only loud voice on this site from a heretofore uneffected team as it relates to NIL...that makes sense psychologically i suppose.

it's your neighbors problem until its yours. but decades in the investment business and recent involvement in grassroots basketball through my kids and their teammates' collective vantage points have educated me and its why i have been waving the warning flag for months and months.

luke kolaja was by all accounts a nice kid and a good teammate until he left the team earlier this year.
but he isnt even a datapoint in this assessment for me bc he was a senior and had no minutes of consequence in his career.

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.656 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:41 AM