Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 4 of 4 « First<1234
Username Post: San Diego State        (Topic#28013)
james 
Masters Student

Reg: 03-18-19
03-26-24 06:50 PM - Post#366570    
    In response to james

my pregame scouting report on this board was somewhat on point but understated
they forced tough 2s which you knew was the goal and we werent going to win the rebounding battle even if they shot like they normally do though i imagine that wldve led to more dreb opps. but it was obvious to me based on auburn age/strength wld be a challenge down low.
townsend is strong but they called a foul every time he took a step.

"sdsu is well coached. they will hard hedge and maybe trap high ball screens.
you will have to go inside to win this and battle a grown man etc. this is where they have the advantage in strength and age and thats why they will play those odds in a pressure packed game.

was proud of the fight there but was also exposed by auburn. i said our difficult matchup was 3-4 at auburn. broome was a given so didnt count him though he went off and passed better than i thought he would particularly out of double. i think it also shows how hard of a time our bigs have playing physicla without fouling against grown butt power bigs.
then the thug 3 was removed from the game. that helped bc he was a matchup problem.

here i dont know what you do on this big. hes a beast and like broome finishes in a variety of ways. in some ways you need trunk leverage and to protect wolf. so townsend probably plays more."

SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
03-27-24 02:19 PM - Post#366607    
    In response to james

On the timeout thing, one counter is that one of Jones’ strengths is that he exudes calm and that keeps the team calm. So not calling timeout may just be saying “nothing to see here” and conveying to the team that there isn’t a need to panic. Eventually they got punched in the mouth enough that they finally unraveled. But it took a while, and some crazy sustained shooting by SDSU.

Page 4 of 4 « First<1234
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.194 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:54 PM